Problem with tunnels when connecting Symantec Enterprise V..

Hi,

I have problems connecting tunnels with Symantec Enterprise VPN Client
7.0.1 and Symantec VPN appliance 200R. I can make connection and progess
log says that Tunnel to 192.168.0.0 Connected but still I can't access
any other address behind 200R than 192.186.0.1. When I tracert
192.168.0.1 the address itself is first hop but when I tracert ie.
192.168.0.2 then public ip of 200R is first hop.

Can anyone help me with this problem?

Best regards

Sami Lehtola
1 answer Last reply
More about problem tunnels connecting symantec enterprise

    Hi Sami

    From the information given, my guess is that the clients on your 192.168.0.x
    probably do not have your 200R appliance's IP (192.168.0.1) set as their
    gateway? I would ensure that they all either have that address listed as a
    gateway under their TCP/IP properties. Alternatively, on each of the
    192.168.0.x clients that you wish to access, add an entry into the routing
    table to ensure they know how to respond to your connection
    attempts...something like the following should do:
    From command prompt on 192.168.0.x client you wish to access:
    route add (remote vpn client IP address) mask (remote vpn client subnet)
    192.168.0.1 metric 1
    Hope this helps

    Ben
    "Sami Lehtola" <nospam-sami.lehtola@poistapapula.fi> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have problems connecting tunnels with Symantec Enterprise VPN Client
    > 7.0.1 and Symantec VPN appliance 200R. I can make connection and progess
    > log says that Tunnel to 192.168.0.0 Connected but still I can't access
    > any other address behind 200R than 192.186.0.1. When I tracert
    > 192.168.0.1 the address itself is first hop but when I tracert ie.
    > 192.168.0.2 then public ip of 200R is first hop.
    >
    > Can anyone help me with this problem?
    >
    > Best regards
    >
    > Sami Lehtola

VPN Symantec Enterprise Networking