Print Odd And Even Pages Help

dragon

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2003

Hi I have about 20 pages to print out and would like to print pages on both
sides of the paper but, with my HP printer I could tell it to print odd
pages first then put the paper back in and print even but with my Epson r200
I don't seem to have this choice.

How can I do this instead of manually putting the paper in

Dave

On Sun, 05 Dec 2004 19:19:14 GMT, in comp.periphs.printers "Dragon"
<davewhitnospam@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

>Hi I have about 20 pages to print out and would like to print pages on both
>sides of the paper but, with my HP printer I could tell it to print odd
>pages first then put the paper back in and print even but with my Epson r200
>I don't seem to have this choice.
>
>How can I do this instead of manually putting the paper in

ON my R800 the printer driver has an option under Printing Preferences for
Page Layout => Double sided printing. Do you have the same?

http://EdwardGRuf.com

On Sun, 05 Dec 2004 19:19:14 GMT, "Dragon"
<davewhitnospam@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

>Hi I have about 20 pages to print out and would like to print pages on both
>sides of the paper but, with my HP printer I could tell it to print odd
>pages first then put the paper back in and print even but with my Epson r200
>I don't seem to have this choice.
>
>How can I do this instead of manually putting the paper in
>
>Dave

I'm not familiar with your printer, but what's stopping you from
simply manually putting the 20 pages in the paper tray? The setting
of odd or even is a product of your W.P. program, not the printer.

dragon

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2003

"E. Barry Bruyea" <summers@gone.ca> wrote in message
> On Sun, 05 Dec 2004 19:19:14 GMT, "Dragon"
> <davewhitnospam@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>
>>Hi I have about 20 pages to print out and would like to print pages on
>>both
>>sides of the paper but, with my HP printer I could tell it to print odd
>>pages first then put the paper back in and print even but with my Epson
>>r200
>>I don't seem to have this choice.
>>
>>How can I do this instead of manually putting the paper in
>>
>>Dave
>
> I'm not familiar with your printer, but what's stopping you from
> simply manually putting the 20 pages in the paper tray? The setting
> of odd or even is a product of your W.P. program, not the printer.

With the hp printer when you click on print at the bottom of the print
screen it comes up with print odd pages or print even pages and you place a
tick for whatever option you want, but with the Epson you don't get that
option as far as I can see so if I put the 20 pages in the printer I will
have 20 pages of printing rather than 10 if I print on both sides of the
paper if you get what I mean

Dave

On Mon, 06 Dec 2004 01:05:26 GMT, "Dragon"
<davewhitnospam@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

>"E. Barry Bruyea" <summers@gone.ca> wrote in message
>> On Sun, 05 Dec 2004 19:19:14 GMT, "Dragon"
>> <davewhitnospam@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>>>Hi I have about 20 pages to print out and would like to print pages on
>>>both
>>>sides of the paper but, with my HP printer I could tell it to print odd
>>>pages first then put the paper back in and print even but with my Epson
>>>r200
>>>I don't seem to have this choice.
>>>
>>>How can I do this instead of manually putting the paper in
>>>
>>>Dave
>>
>> I'm not familiar with your printer, but what's stopping you from
>> simply manually putting the 20 pages in the paper tray? The setting
>> of odd or even is a product of your W.P. program, not the printer.
>>>

>With the hp printer when you click on print at the bottom of the print
>screen it comes up with print odd pages or print even pages and you place a
>tick for whatever option you want, but with the Epson you don't get that
>option as far as I can see so if I put the 20 pages in the printer I will
>have 20 pages of printing rather than 10 if I print on both sides of the
>paper if you get what I mean
>
>Dave

Does this printer not respond to software commands from your WP?

> pages first then put the paper back in and print even but with my Epson r200
> I don't seem to have this choice.
>
> How can I do this instead of manually putting the paper in

I know it's really hard to read a manual sometimes, but get it out -
the Printer Basics:

http://files.support.epson.com/pdf/r200__/r200__pb.pdf

Read page 24, please.

Jim

"Dragon" <davewhitnospam@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi I have about 20 pages to print out and would like to print pages on
both
> sides of the paper but, with my HP printer I could tell it to print odd
> pages first then put the paper back in and print even but with my Epson
r200
> I don't seem to have this choice.
>
> How can I do this instead of manually putting the paper in
With my Epson 1280, you select double sided printing as follows:

1. After you select the printer in PS, the print driver panel appears.
Select the "print preferences" button.
2. The print driver shows a panel for the control of the printer. Select
"Layout"
3. On the layout panel, select "print double sided"
4. Click OK enough times to get back to Photoshop.
5. Select OK

The printer prints the half of the pages, then the print driver software
prompts you to turn the pages over. Be sure to follow these instructions.

> On Mon, 06 Dec 2004 01:05:26 GMT, "Dragon"
> <davewhitnospam@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>

>>"E. Barry Bruyea" <summers@gone.ca> wrote in message

>>> I'm not familiar with your printer, but what's stopping you from
>>> simply manually putting the 20 pages in the paper tray? The setting
>>> of odd or even is a product of your W.P. program, not the printer.
>>>>

>>With the hp printer when you click on print at the bottom of the print
>>screen it comes up with print odd pages or print even pages and you place
>>tick for whatever option you want, but with the Epson you don't get that
>>option as far as I can see so if I put the 20 pages in the printer I will
>>have 20 pages of printing rather than 10 if I print on both sides of the
>>paper if you get what I mean
>>
>>Dave
>
> Does this printer not respond to software commands from your WP?

not as far as I can tell but new to this printer so I am not even sure what
I should do

dave

dragon

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2003

"Jim" <j.n@nospam.com> wrote in message

> "Dragon" <davewhitnospam@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
>> Hi I have about 20 pages to print out and would like to print pages on
> both
>> sides of the paper but, with my HP printer I could tell it to print odd
>> pages first then put the paper back in and print even but with my Epson
> r200
>> I don't seem to have this choice.
>>
>> How can I do this instead of manually putting the paper in
> With my Epson 1280, you select double sided printing as follows:
>
> 1. After you select the printer in PS, the print driver panel appears.
> Select the "print preferences" button.
> 2. The print driver shows a panel for the control of the printer. Select
> "Layout"
> 3. On the layout panel, select "print double sided"
> 4. Click OK enough times to get back to Photoshop.
> 5. Select OK
>
> The printer prints the half of the pages, then the print driver software
> prompts you to turn the pages over. Be sure to follow these instructions.
>
> Jim

cheers jim

dave