Howard

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2001

Just loaded SP2 and all hell broke loose. My sound card no longer works, my
printer driver has gone missing and XP wont let me reload the driver.The DVD
drive isn't recognised Windows media player won't work and the machine has
slowed down to a crawl.
SP2, I'm not impressed.

If anyone has any advice that will help me I would be grateful.

So while the system restore sets the computer back to happier times ( I hope
that it still works ) I'm off around to Bill Gates place to punch him on the
nose.

regards

Howard.

Haha....make sure he doesn't bite you in the ass...

mikeh

Distinguished
May 19, 2004

1: Back up any data
2: Clean boot the PC to ensure all startup apps are disabled, including and
especially AV services
3: Unplug any external hardware (eg usb attached devices)
4: check the website of the of the manufacutrer of the hardware that's
haivng issues to see if there is any SP2 info (possibler new drivers)
5: hope like hell