The Most OverClockAble Board 3VaR!

RichPLS

Champion
Asus RD580 is A8R32-MVP Deluxe
ASUS will be among the first to embrace the ATI's new chipset. We saw a sample of ATI's reference motherboard at CES, and ATI will announce this board in a few days time. The code name is RD580 while it will be commercially known as the Radeon Xpress 3200.
Asus finally decided to make a high end board based on this chipset. Its RD480, A8R-MVP board was sucessful but it lacked some high end features. Well, this will change now as the new board has Deluxe in the name. Asus will offer some of the nice features of its Deluxe boards to the community. It is almost ready to announce its Asus A8R32-MVP Deluxe and we even know that some of the samples are already out.

ASUS is still tweaking the board and we heard that the RD580 should be the most overclocked platform available. It will sure surpass the Nforce 4 SLI overclockability as we know that the reference RD580 can go at more than 300 MHz FSB easily, and even more than that. Nforce 4 SLI will win on features, but it is up to motherboard manufacturers to include all the nice features on the boards as you can use external chips to include support for all the nice features that are not part of the chipset. Crossfire is finally becoming a mature player.
http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=29737

WOOT WOOT! I can not wait to try one with my X1800XT and Opteron 175!

scoobertscoobydoo

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006
ASUS will be among the first to embrace the ATI's new chipset. We saw a sample of ATI's reference motherboard at CES, and ATI will announce this board in a few days time. The code name is RD580 while it will be commercially known as the Radeon Xpress 3200.
Asus finally decided to make a high end board based on this chipset. Its RD480, A8R-MVP board was sucessful but it lacked some high end features. Well, this will change now as the new board has Deluxe in the name. Asus will offer some of the nice features of its Deluxe boards to the community. It is almost ready to announce its Asus A8R32-MVP Deluxe and we even know that some of the samples are already out.

ASUS is still tweaking the board and we heard that the RD580 should be the most overclocked platform available. It will sure surpass the Nforce 4 SLI overclockability as we know that the reference RD580 can go at more than 300 MHz FSB easily, and even more than that. Nforce 4 SLI will win on features, but it is up to motherboard manufacturers to include all the nice features on the boards as you can use external chips to include support for all the nice features that are not part of the chipset. Crossfire is finally becoming a mature player.

actually the a8n32-sli is super-overclockable. i run mine at 282MHz FSB but it is known to run at 300MHZ

ElMoIsEviL

Distinguished

actually the a8n32-sli is super-overclockable. i run mine at 282MHz FSB but it is known to run at 300MHZ

You don't get it... the A8R32-MVP can do a Hypertransport link of 300HTT at 5x that's 1500MHz out of the box!!!

1042_l.jpg

Asus A8R32-MVP Deluxe

If you're wondering where I got the 1500MHz number it's from Anandtech. They published the review this morning but quickly pulled it.. prolly due to NDA. I got to read it.. HTT multiplier was 5x (normally limited to 3x on nforce4 rigs when oc'ing passed 300HTT).