Another "What do you think of this setup?" thread

Murgos

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2006
Newegg Wishlist

The link above is my wishlist from newegg. I plan on buying this pc by mid march with the intention of playing Oblivion till my eyes fall out. However, I enjoy using my pc for several different things besides gaming. I'll have a bittorrent running in the background while I play games and will alt tab frequently to check websites, maybe run open a few apps then switch back to my game. I also have no intention of running dual ATI cards thus the nvidia board. Please let me know what you think of the components I have put together. :D

Thanks!

Murgos

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2006
I figured linking directly to the parts I intended to buy would be a much more detailed and efficient way then just naming off a brand name, model number and speed. But I think Newegg is running a little slow right now, I also got a page could not be found error but refreshed a few times. Sorry.

virus5877

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2006
I don't see why you're blowing the extra $$ on an SLI board when you're using a x1900xt vid card....seems like an easy way to save $50.00 to me.

Go with Asus K8N-E ultra board, nearly identical to the K8N-SLI deluxe, just has only one PCIe slot, and costs $50 less

...just my two cents worth...