Help with new Mobo and Card

GameGuru

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2006
Trying to pick the right mobo and video card. Im not planning on running dual cards. I was thinking of the Asus Extreme AX1800XT as I plan on overclocking. I figure why waste the money on the XT1900XT when I could probably exceed the clock speeds of the 1900 anyway, plus it has killer reviews and price has dropped to $449.

I happen to currently be in the middle of my build right now and own:

Corsair XMS TWINX2048-4000PT (DDR500)
(2) 36gig Raptors (raid 0)
Thermaltake Armor Series VA8000BWS

What I need help with is Mobo, CPU and Video card.
I'm leaning torwards a dual core, probably and opty, and plan on overclocking everything.

GameGuru

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2006
OK, you got me. Did some research and yes I can shell out the extra money for the X1900XT and this seems to be the best buy. Now I need a mobo and CPU. I have been looking at the DFI boards but there looks to be a lot of mixed reviews. Can someone suggest and great board with good overclocking potential? Doesn't need to be SLI or Crossfire as I don't plan on running dual cards. My biggest concern is the compatibility with my ram. 8O

purelithium

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2006
Epox 9NPA+ Ultra or the DFI equivalent. If you plan on buying OCZ redline(edit: I meant OCZ platinum) ram, you'll want to go for the DFI.

I own the Epox and I love it, there's no "on the fly" overclocking feature, but I've never trusted those things anyway.