Attaching

If you mean how to attach a picture that is a part of a slideshow, you would
need to find the individual graphic on your hard drive. The slideshow
probably just points to that location anyway.

For more information, please post to the
microsoft.public.windows.inetexplrer.ie6_outlookexpress newsgroup.

--
Michael Solomon MS-MVP
Windows Shell/User

"Al" <alandjoan@comcast.net> wrote in message
> How can I attach a picture to an email without the whole slideshow being
> attached
>
> Al

Al

What I am trying to say is that when I try to send an attachment, it is
stored in My Pictures, and the person clicking on the attachment is
taken to the Windows Pictures and Fax Viewer which not only contains the
picture I wanted sent but a bunch of other stuff by clicking on the left
and right blue buttons :-(

Al

"Michael Solomon (MS-MVP Windows Shell/User)" <user@#notme.com> wrote in
message news:%235fvlE7iEHA.536@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> If you mean how to attach a picture that is a part of a slideshow, you
would
> need to find the individual graphic on your hard drive. The slideshow
> probably just points to that location anyway.
>
> For more information, please post to the
> microsoft.public.windows.inetexplrer.ie6_outlookexpress newsgroup.
>
> --
> Michael Solomon MS-MVP
> Windows Shell/User
> Backup is a PC User's Best Friend
> DTS-L.Org: http://www.dts-l.org/

That is not your issue, it's on the other system. By default, when pictures
and fax viewer is opened, it will allow a user to see any pictures they have
stored in the folder in which they have saved a given file. My guess is,
they are saving the attached file to their My Picture's folder and opening
the attachment there.

It's possible, they are simply opening the appended attachment and the
picture and fax viewer is simply referencing anything else that happens to
be in their My Pictures folder that is of course unless you happen to be
sending all the pictures in your My Pictures folder. Have you checked with
others to see if the images are images stored on their system in their My
Pictures folder or if they are in fact all images from your system?

--

> What I am trying to say is that when I try to send an attachment, it is
> stored in My Pictures, and the person clicking on the attachment is
> taken to the Windows Pictures and Fax Viewer which not only contains the
> picture I wanted sent but a bunch of other stuff by clicking on the left
> and right blue buttons :-(
>
> Al
>
> "Michael Solomon (MS-MVP Windows Shell/User)" <user@#notme.com> wrote in
> message news:%235fvlE7iEHA.536@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
>> If you mean how to attach a picture that is a part of a slideshow, you
> would
>> need to find the individual graphic on your hard drive. The slideshow
>> probably just points to that location anyway.
>>
>> For more information, please post to the
>> microsoft.public.windows.inetexplrer.ie6_outlookexpress newsgroup.
>>
>> --
>> Michael Solomon MS-MVP
>> Windows Shell/User
>> Backup is a PC User's Best Friend
>> DTS-L.Org: http://www.dts-l.org/

Al

I just was assuming what was happening by sending a cc to myself and
opening the attachment from there on my system. Are you saying that
when they clicked on the attachment on their system, that they would
find only one pic

message news:%230R2Kp7iEHA.556@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> That is not your issue, it's on the other system. By default, when
pictures
> and fax viewer is opened, it will allow a user to see any pictures
they have
> stored in the folder in which they have saved a given file. My guess
is,
> they are saving the attached file to their My Picture's folder and
opening
> the attachment there.
>
> It's possible, they are simply opening the appended attachment and the
> picture and fax viewer is simply referencing anything else that
happens to
> be in their My Pictures folder that is of course unless you happen to
be
> sending all the pictures in your My Pictures folder. Have you checked
with
> others to see if the images are images stored on their system in their
My
> Pictures folder or if they are in fact all images from your system?
>
> --
> Michael Solomon MS-MVP
> Windows Shell/User
> Backup is a PC User's Best Friend
> DTS-L.Org: http://www.dts-l.org/

Yes, they should see only one picture unless they save it to a folder with
other images in which case, they would have the option in that particular
viewer to view all other images in that folder though that is not a
necessity. If they see only one attached image, they should figure it
out.:)

--

>I just was assuming what was happening by sending a cc to myself and
> opening the attachment from there on my system. Are you saying that
> when they clicked on the attachment on their system, that they would
> find only one pic
>
> Al
>

> "Michael Solomon (MS-MVP Windows Shell/User)" <user@#notme.com> wrote in
> message news:%230R2Kp7iEHA.556@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>> That is not your issue, it's on the other system. By default, when
> pictures
>> and fax viewer is opened, it will allow a user to see any pictures
> they have
>> stored in the folder in which they have saved a given file. My guess
> is,
>> they are saving the attached file to their My Picture's folder and
> opening
>> the attachment there.
>>
>> It's possible, they are simply opening the appended attachment and the
>> picture and fax viewer is simply referencing anything else that
> happens to
>> be in their My Pictures folder that is of course unless you happen to
> be
>> sending all the pictures in your My Pictures folder. Have you checked
> with
>> others to see if the images are images stored on their system in their
> My
>> Pictures folder or if they are in fact all images from your system?
>>
>> --
>> Michael Solomon MS-MVP
>> Windows Shell/User
>> Backup is a PC User's Best Friend
>> DTS-L.Org: http://www.dts-l.org/

Al

Thank you, Mr. Mike

message news:OzSIPq8iEHA.2500@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> Yes, they should see only one picture unless they save it to a folder
with
> other images in which case, they would have the option in that
particular
> viewer to view all other images in that folder though that is not a
> necessity. If they see only one attached image, they should figure it
> out.:)

You're welcome, Al, good luck.