Samsung Confirms Galaxy S III Jelly Bean Update for October

Status
Not open for further replies.

makaveli316

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2010
[citation][nom]nuvon[/nom]I hope it will make my S3 faster cause right now, it is slow, sluggish, and crash everytime I check email.[/citation]

Dude, seriously you're trolling.
That's the most responsive smartphone i've ever had in my hands and i owned an iPhone....
Slow, sluggish and crashes? You probably bought some chinese Galaxy S3 look-alike.

TomsSound

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2003
Odd.. I've never had a email attachment crash my Galaxy S III.
The S3 is pretty awesome.. does everything well.. except.. the whole S-Voice thing is too slow... IMO
The display is amazing.. Simply beautiful and with Gorilla Glass 2... it really doesn't show fingerprints much either.

redeemer

Distinguished
He's not trolling my second S3 freezes and crashes often Roger LTE, they did release an update a few weeks ago now the problem is less problematic. You guys need to relax the SG3 is not even close to being the best phone out there, is just a good phone. I got for $99 2 year term and in Canada thats considered a good deal!!!

dalethepcman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
[citation][nom]redeemer[/nom]He's not trolling my second S3 freezes and crashes often Roger LTE, they did release an update a few weeks ago now the problem is less problematic. You guys need to relax the SG3 is not even close to being the best phone out there, is just a good phone. I got for $99 2 year term and in Canada thats considered a good deal!!![/citation]

If you purchased the GT I-9300, then you would have the best phone sold to date. If you have another phone that says "Galaxy S 3" that is not the GT I-9300, then you have a phone that was modified by either the recipient carrier or country. All LTE and WCDMA versions of the S3 have been modified.

For everyone complaining about email crashing, why are you not using GMAIL like everyone else in the world. I know you have one, since you're using an android phone.

If your using your corporate mail on your android phone then for the love of god, buy touchdown or use outlook 365 / outlook web access.

nuvon

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2010
Apple haters really need to clear your slow, sluggish and stubborn brain (if you even have a brain). You guys are narrow minded, narrow hearted, and blinded by your hatred. Why do you have to stand on either Android or Apple side? Whoever makes good product, and you can afford it, buy it. After all, it is just a phone. It is not like you are at war fighting for your country. Trolling? Do I have to? Chinese S3? Tell me where to get one. I really don't care what phone you use; I am just speaking from my personal experience. We are in Canada, that is what we are offered. @dalethepcman, I will try the outlook you suggested. BTW, my model number start with SGH-I7xxx, not GT I-9300. So, our carrier screwed up? If so, I will be switching back to iPhone after I am done with this contract.

gidgiddonihah

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2009
I have had my SII running JB for over two weeks now. Seems weird that unpaid Devs can push out a more stable, faster (and stock too) ROM at a faster rate than a huge multibillion dollar company.

[citation][nom]gidgiddonihah[/nom]I have had my SII running JB for over two weeks now. Seems weird that unpaid Devs can push out a more stable, faster (and stock too) ROM at a faster rate than a huge multibillion dollar company.[/citation]
I know all about CyanogenMod and the other few AOSP variants out there, but they are still plagued by a few bugs (like the memory leak, for instance) that can be fixed when Samsung releases their kernel to the masses. They are still usable, though, and your point about devs is well taken.
[citation][nom]nuvon[/nom]Apple haters really need to clear your slow, sluggish and stubborn brain (if you even have a brain). You guys are narrow minded, narrow hearted, and blinded by your hatred. Why do you have to stand on either Android or Apple side? Whoever makes good product, and you can afford it, buy it. After all, it is just a phone. It is not like you are at war fighting for your country. Trolling? Do I have to? Chinese S3? Tell me where to get one. I really don't care what phone you use; I am just speaking from my personal experience. We are in Canada, that is what we are offered. @dalethepcman, I will try the outlook you suggested. BTW, my model number start with SGH-I7xxx, not GT I-9300. So, our carrier screwed up? If so, I will be switching back to iPhone after I am done with this contract.[/citation]
I went through every comment posted above yours and I did find a single Apple-reference there, coming from someone who actually had an iPhone, and nowhere in that post he stated he hated the poor thing. You spewing insults about other's brains is not adding any extra information to this, but makes you look like a pot calling the kettle black.

halcyon

Splendid
[citation][nom]nuvon[/nom]I hope it will make my S3 faster cause right now, it is slow, sluggish, and crash everytime I check email.[/citation]
The fact that you said something negative about a product that is not made by Apple isn't going to win you any friends here.

[citation][nom]halcyon[/nom]The fact that you said something negative about a product that is not made by Apple isn't going to win you any friends here.[/citation]
You missed the point; the fact that he assumed that every comment that has a negative connotation towards iphone comes from a brainless hating troll is what is keeping him from winning any friends. And BTW this thread was not about apple, so you're kinda making a similar assumption.

Status
Not open for further replies.