Cannon S630 vs. S600

G

Can someone tell me the difference between these two printers? Are they very similar that buying the 630 would be a waste of money?

I am shopping for a printer, and my price range is <$200.
It would be like a all purpose printer, which I can quickly print a mapquest direction, or a spreadsheet of bills among roommates from time to time. I do think that I would be printing a lot of pictures from it, since I have recently bought a digital camera, and would love to print some quality 5X7 pictures out.

I had my eyes set on the S500/S630 while I was reading the recent review on inkjet printers here on tomshardware, until the conclusion page where it mentioned that if you leave the canon printers idle, it will destroy ink/print head. Has anyone experience this problem? I'm pretty sure I'm not going to be using the printer on a daily basics, but probably will print like 50 picsture on a Sunday afternoon from time to time.

Please help me!
Amy

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
The Canon S630 has the exact same picture quality as the S500 and S600 except that's it's slightly faster. I don't know about the destroying ink part though. I have an S600 and that hasn't happened to me before. Using the Canon N1240U to scan in a photo and printing it out with the Canon S600, the pictures come out amazing except they are ever so slightly darker than the original. I don't which device is to blame however: the printer or the scanner?

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor