Trim unstable

I have FS2002 with Logitech Wingman Force 3D. I have been flying without
any trim problems. Also OK with CH yoke.

But now, the trim wheel is moving constantly; I can over-ride its movement
with buttons or keys but it immediately starts moving again, usually going
to extreme down trim. I have exited FS and re-loaded, but no change. This
is with C172, but I have changed planes and still have problem.

Does anyone know what might be going on? Thanks.

John P.
6 answers Last reply
More about trim unstable

    Thanks for your replies. Yes, it was autopilot. I had set up on runway,
    having changed time and location from saved flight, and did not realize that
    AP was still in control of trim.

    John P.
    "JohnSP" <petriejj@bigpond.com> wrote in message
    > I have FS2002 with Logitech Wingman Force 3D. I have been flying without
    > any trim problems. Also OK with CH yoke.
    >
    > But now, the trim wheel is moving constantly; I can over-ride its
    movement
    > with buttons or keys but it immediately starts moving again, usually going
    > to extreme down trim. I have exited FS and re-loaded, but no change.
    This
    > is with C172, but I have changed planes and still have problem.
    >
    > Does anyone know what might be going on? Thanks.
    >
    > John P.

    Maybe it's a key command for Trim being stuck... or is the autopilot on or
    inadvertantly turned on?

    Autopilot will move trim.

    "Lawn Dart" <willkayakforfoodREMOVE_THIS@gmx.net> wrote in message

    I agree... it appears to me the autopilot uses the trim to control the
    aircraft...

    "Trent Hopkinson" <hoppys1@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
    > Maybe it's a key command for Trim being stuck... or is the autopilot on or
    > inadvertantly turned on?
    >
    > Autopilot will move trim.
    >

    > "Lawn Dart" <willkayakforfoodREMOVE_THIS@gmx.net> wrote in message

    Yes, I have had similar experinces and normally resolve it by turning
    autopilot back on and then off again. It does seem to be the autopilot that
    is involved - I use a Saitek joystick because of continual problems with
    Logitech.

    Ches

    Jay Williams wrote:
    > I agree... it appears to me the autopilot uses the trim to control the
    > aircraft...
    >
    > "Trent Hopkinson" <hoppys1@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
    >> Maybe it's a key command for Trim being stuck... or is the autopilot
    >> on or inadvertantly turned on?
    >>
    >> Autopilot will move trim.
    >>

    >> "Lawn Dart" <willkayakforfoodREMOVE_THIS@gmx.net> wrote in message

Video Games