Trim unstable

Last response: in Video Games
April 29, 2005 6:28:22 AM

I have FS2002 with Logitech Wingman Force 3D. I have been flying without
any trim problems. Also OK with CH yoke.

But now, the trim wheel is moving constantly; I can over-ride its movement
with buttons or keys but it immediately starts moving again, usually going
to extreme down trim. I have exited FS and re-loaded, but no change. This
is with C172, but I have changed planes and still have problem.

Does anyone know what might be going on? Thanks.

John P.

More about : trim unstable

Anonymous
April 29, 2005 6:28:23 AM

Anonymous
April 29, 2005 2:39:46 PM

Thanks for your replies. Yes, it was autopilot. I had set up on runway,
having changed time and location from saved flight, and did not realize that
AP was still in control of trim.

John P.
"JohnSP" <petriejj@bigpond.com> wrote in message
> I have FS2002 with Logitech Wingman Force 3D. I have been flying without
> any trim problems. Also OK with CH yoke.
>
> But now, the trim wheel is moving constantly; I can over-ride its
movement
> with buttons or keys but it immediately starts moving again, usually going
> to extreme down trim. I have exited FS and re-loaded, but no change.
This
> is with C172, but I have changed planes and still have problem.
>
> Does anyone know what might be going on? Thanks.
>
> John P.

April 29, 2005 6:19:07 PM

Maybe it's a key command for Trim being stuck... or is the autopilot on or
inadvertantly turned on?

Autopilot will move trim.

"Lawn Dart" <willkayakforfoodREMOVE_THIS@gmx.net> wrote in message
Anonymous
April 29, 2005 6:19:08 PM

I agree... it appears to me the autopilot uses the trim to control the
aircraft...

"Trent Hopkinson" <hoppys1@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
> Maybe it's a key command for Trim being stuck... or is the autopilot on or
> inadvertantly turned on?
>
> Autopilot will move trim.
>

> "Lawn Dart" <willkayakforfoodREMOVE_THIS@gmx.net> wrote in message

April 29, 2005 6:19:09 PM

Yes, I have had similar experinces and normally resolve it by turning
autopilot back on and then off again. It does seem to be the autopilot that
is involved - I use a Saitek joystick because of continual problems with
Logitech.

Ches

Jay Williams wrote:
> I agree... it appears to me the autopilot uses the trim to control the
> aircraft...
>
> "Trent Hopkinson" <hoppys1@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
>> Maybe it's a key command for Trim being stuck... or is the autopilot
>> on or inadvertantly turned on?
>>
>> Autopilot will move trim.
>>

>> "Lawn Dart" <willkayakforfoodREMOVE_THIS@gmx.net> wrote in message
Anonymous