Netgear FVS318 VPN (The Green Bow Client)

Hello, I see that there are a lot of people with VPN issues when using
Netgear products.
I am one of those people.
I have been trying all weekend to get this thing to VPN.
Personally I wish my client would spring for the Sonicwall but they are a
bit pricy but they work great and have great support.
Anyhow, to get to my point.
I am trying to use the the greenbow client and used their HOW TO for the
FVS318 and a trial version of their client.
I almost have it working but when I get to phase 2 there seems to be a
problem.
Here is some of my log file.

152624 Default phase 1 done: initiator id TheGreenBow, responder id netgear
152625 Default initiator_send_HASH_SA_NONCE: Remote-ID given without
Local-ID for "netgear1-netgear2-P2"
152625 Default (SA netgear1-netgear2-P2) SEND phase 2 Quick Mode [HASH]
[SA] [KEY_EXCH] [NONCE] [ID] [ID]
152632 Default (SA netgear1-netgear2-P2) SEND phase 2 Quick Mode [HASH]
[SA] [KEY_EXCH] [NONCE] [ID] [ID]
152641 Default (SA netgear1-netgear2-P2) SEND phase 2 Quick Mode [HASH]
[SA] [KEY_EXCH] [NONCE] [ID] [ID]
152652 Default (SA netgear1-netgear2-P2) SEND phase 2 Quick Mode [HASH]
[SA] [KEY_EXCH] [NONCE] [ID] [ID]
152705 Default (SA netgear1-netgear2-P2) SEND phase 2 Quick Mode [HASH]
[SA] [KEY_EXCH] [NONCE] [ID] [ID]
152720 Default (SA netgear1-netgear2-P2) SEND phase 2 Quick Mode [HASH]
[SA] [KEY_EXCH] [NONCE] [ID] [ID]
152720 Default transport_send_messages: giving up on message 00996DE8

I do not even know what direction to go from here.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
1 answer Last reply
More about netgear fvs318 green client

    Hi,

    If phase 2 diffie-hellman group is correctly configured
    at both ends then your router is discarding the VPN client
    phase 2 first message because you missconfigured phase 2
    networking options.

    Check that client's 'Remote LAN address'/'Subnet Mask' are
    identical to Netgear's 'Local LAN start IP address'/'Local
    LAN IP subnetmask'. Set 'VPN client address' to 0.0.0.0,
    set 'tunnel can access' to 'a single remote a address' and
    reset other subfields.

    Hope it helps.

    Regards,
    Kamel Messaoudi
    ¤ TheGreenBow VPN client R&D team leader
    ¤ VPN IPsec, firewalling and NDIS drivers expert

    "RPL" <rlefeve@nospamwowway.com> wrote in message news:<FrKdnaA0XIOOSe_cRVn-3g@wideopenwest.com>...
    > Hello, I see that there are a lot of people with VPN issues when using
    > Netgear products.
    > I am one of those people.
    > I have been trying all weekend to get this thing to VPN.
    > Personally I wish my client would spring for the Sonicwall but they are a
    > bit pricy but they work great and have great support.
    > Anyhow, to get to my point.
    > I am trying to use the the greenbow client and used their HOW TO for the
    > FVS318 and a trial version of their client.
    > I almost have it working but when I get to phase 2 there seems to be a
    > problem.
    > Here is some of my log file.
    >
    > 152624 Default phase 1 done: initiator id TheGreenBow, responder id netgear
    > 152625 Default initiator_send_HASH_SA_NONCE: Remote-ID given without
    > Local-ID for "netgear1-netgear2-P2"
    > 152625 Default (SA netgear1-netgear2-P2) SEND phase 2 Quick Mode [HASH]
    > [SA] [KEY_EXCH] [NONCE] [ID] [ID]
    > 152632 Default (SA netgear1-netgear2-P2) SEND phase 2 Quick Mode [HASH]
    > [SA] [KEY_EXCH] [NONCE] [ID] [ID]
    > 152641 Default (SA netgear1-netgear2-P2) SEND phase 2 Quick Mode [HASH]
    > [SA] [KEY_EXCH] [NONCE] [ID] [ID]
    > 152652 Default (SA netgear1-netgear2-P2) SEND phase 2 Quick Mode [HASH]
    > [SA] [KEY_EXCH] [NONCE] [ID] [ID]
    > 152705 Default (SA netgear1-netgear2-P2) SEND phase 2 Quick Mode [HASH]
    > [SA] [KEY_EXCH] [NONCE] [ID] [ID]
    > 152720 Default (SA netgear1-netgear2-P2) SEND phase 2 Quick Mode [HASH]
    > [SA] [KEY_EXCH] [NONCE] [ID] [ID]
    > 152720 Default transport_send_messages: giving up on message 00996DE8
    >
    > I do not even know what direction to go from here.
    > Any help would be appreciated.
    > Thanks in advance.

VPN Default Netgear Networking