Mary

Each time I turn on my computer a Windows screen appears
that forces me to click on it before I can begin. This
also happens if I am away from my computer for an
extended period of time. the screen has WELCOME CLICK
USER NAME, TURN OFF COMPUTER, OWNER, etc. It also has
the image of chess pieces. Can you help me take this
feature away? I don't know why it started doing this -
I've had my HP for two years, and it just started about 4
days ago. Can you help me get rid of this annoying
feature? Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez!!

Thanks,

Mary

In order to boot with no login do the following:
Click on Start and run: type in control userpasswords2
Uncheck the box User must enter a username and password.

In order to clear the other issue, open Control Panel, open Display, go to
the screen saver tab and remove the check from "On Resume, display welcome
screen," click apply and ok.

--
Michael Solomon MS-MVP
Windows Shell/User