Win 7 Student Discount?

dgriffs

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2008
I will be buying a notebook this summer before I go off to school in the fall. The vendor I am thinking about buying from has the option to have the operating system preinstalled or not. Is there a windows 7 discount for students? I found this link but it says upgrade which mean I would need to be using xp or vista already right? It also seems like a digital download which I wouldn't be able to access without some type of operating system.
http://www.microsoft.com/student/en/us/software/windows/default.aspx

jb6684

Distinguished
You not going to save anything on your new notebook by buying it without an OS or with XP and then doing a student upgrade....

Check it out......$65 for that upgrade how much for your system with XP vs Win 7 ? doubt it's that much...

What I would say thou, is contact your school. See if they have set up a student discount program thru and vendor. In my case the school got me 25% off at Dell......... saved me a ton.

tank

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2009
My University did not offer Windows 7 student prices thats not to say that their are other programs they offer. Also I would not upgrade any machine simply because a fresh start helps reset that core degraduation of windows 7 or any windows OS.

TRENDING THREADS