HP Photosmart 2610 and the ink cartridges

Michael

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Hi all,

I understand the HP Photosmart 2610 all-in-one uses the new HP inks (Vivera)
and it can take any of the following cartridges:
HP 94 Black 11ml
HP 95 Tri-Color 7ml
HP 96 Black 21ml
HP 97 Tri-Color 14ml
HP 99 Color Photo 13ml
HP 100 Gray Photo 15ml

Can you tell me if the printer comes with some kind of ink holder that can
be used while swaping ink cartridges? For example, I might have both the HP
97 and HP 99 (for printing photos once in a while). I don't want the HP 99
to dry up. Is swapping ink cartridges a problem with this printer? Will the
ink dry up if I don't use, say the HP 99, very often?

And also if you have some opinions about this printer, they will be much
welcomed.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. I read some comments about how difficult this printer was to setup;
like setting up the fax part of it. I wonder if this is true.

bill

Michael wrote:

>Can you tell me if the printer comes with some kind of ink holder that can
>be used while swaping ink cartridges? For example, I might have both the HP
>97 and HP 99 (for printing photos once in a while). I don't want the HP 99
>to dry up. Is swapping ink cartridges a problem with this printer? Will the
>ink dry up if I don't use, say the HP 99, very often?

When you buy the extra 99 photo cartridge, you get a storage container
for the unused black cartridge. Swapping cartridges shouldn't be much of
an issue as I do the same with my HP 6540.

>P.S. I read some comments about how difficult this printer was to setup;
>like setting up the fax part of it. I wonder if this is true.

Can't help you on that one...