what's error 720?

Hi,

I have been using my laptop to do VPN for a while with no problem and I
recently trying to set up my desktop to do the job with no success.

The work place VPN is accessed through an IP and then I search and access my
work computer by entering the computer name.
First, I have to access the VPN by clicking on an already setup icon (like
the monitor icon shows up when my LAN is connected).
For some reason, the setup of that connection always fails after verifying
username and password (or even before that, I am not quite sure)

What's wrong with my desktop setting that is stopping me from VPN? I can
not even get to the remote desktop stage. The connection falied right away
and showing redial in 60 seconds...

Am i missing something?

Thanks first fro any tip.
3 answers Last reply
More about what error

    BTW,

    Both my laptop and desktop are connected to the same router and then my Cox
    system.
    There must be some network setting problem or firewall thing?

    Harry wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have been using my laptop to do VPN for a while with no problem and I
    > recently trying to set up my desktop to do the job with no success.
    >
    > The work place VPN is accessed through an IP and then I search and access my
    > work computer by entering the computer name.
    > First, I have to access the VPN by clicking on an already setup icon (like
    > the monitor icon shows up when my LAN is connected).
    > For some reason, the setup of that connection always fails after verifying
    > username and password (or even before that, I am not quite sure)
    >
    > What's wrong with my desktop setting that is stopping me from VPN? I can
    > not even get to the remote desktop stage. The connection falied right away
    > and showing redial in 60 seconds...
    >
    > Am i missing something?
    >
    > Thanks first fro any tip.

    For starters, please tells us what type of VPN you have. There are at
    least 3 common types I can think of off the top of my head - ipsec, l2tp
    and GRE.

    all three work in very different ways.

    What type of devices is managing the VPN connection on the work end?

    Need to know this before we can even begin to try to troubleshoot.

    -Sean

    Device Name WAN Miniport
    Device Type vpn
    Server type PPP
    Transports TCP/IP
    Authentication MS CHAP V2
    Encryption MPPE 128
    Compression MPPC
    PPP Multilink framing Off
    Server IP Address 10.0.1.11
    Client IP address 10.0.1.34

    what else should I provide and where are they?

    Thanks

    > For starters, please tells us what type of VPN you have. There are at
    > least 3 common types I can think of off the top of my head - ipsec, l2tp
    > and GRE.
    >
    > all three work in very different ways.
    >
    > What type of devices is managing the VPN connection on the work end?
    >
    > Need to know this before we can even begin to try to troubleshoot.
    >
    > -Sean

VPN Computers Networking