svchost.exe memory usage

DeN

I'm using XP HE with a P4 2.0CPU and 512meg memory;

When I run a tune up prgm it tells me that svchost.exe is using a lot
of memory; it's using 27148KB (BTW; Explorer.exe is using 15480KB)

Is that figure (27148KB) to much?
(I never had any problems or message from XP)

if so, what's the problem and solution?

Den

Hi,

No, that's pretty normal. And actually, you will probably see multiple
instances of svchost.exe on the processes tab of Task Manager, which us also
normal.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Den" <nomail@nomail.net> wrote in message
> I'm using XP HE with a P4 2.0CPU and 512meg memory;
>
> When I run a tune up prgm it tells me that svchost.exe is using a lot
> of memory; it's using 27148KB (BTW; Explorer.exe is using 15480KB)
>
> Is that figure (27148KB) to much?
> (I never had any problems or message from XP)
>
> if so, what's the problem and solution?
>
> Den

DeN

On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 18:45:26 -0400, "Rick \"Nutcase\" Rogers"
<rick@mvps.org> wrote:

Thanks for the good news Rick :)

Den

>Hi,
>
>No, that's pretty normal. And actually, you will probably see multiple
>instances of svchost.exe on the processes tab of Task Manager, which us also
>normal.

TRENDING THREADS