Internet Explorer 6

When I turn on my computer I get a pop up from internet explore that says
Flash 6.75. This just started on my computer with Windows XP and another that
is using Windows ME. What does this mean?
--
redblazer

On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 16:13:03 -0700, redblazer wrote:

> When I turn on my computer I get a pop up from internet explore that says
> Flash 6.75. This just started on my computer with Windows XP and another that
> is using Windows ME. What does this mean?

This sounds like a splash screen. While a program is loading, it sends a
picture to the screen to let you know that it's doing something. In this
case, you are getting a program name and it is displaying a version number.

This means that you have a program named Flash installed and it's currently
configured to run at startup. Or it could mean that there is a file
launching at startup and it uses a program named Flash to be useful (an
example would be a flash movie in the Flash player).

Use Start> Run> MSCONFIG and look over the list on the Startup page to
figure out which it is. Then decide what you want to do about it.

If you want the program to load at startup but don't like the splash
screen, check the program's menus. Some will allow you to hide the splash
screen. Or if you would rather have it *not* load, check the menus for
autostart options and choose the option that does not load the program at
startup. If there are no such settings available, then uncheck the items in
MSCONFIG.

NOTE: If this is the Flash Player from Macromedia, you don't need to load
it at start up if you only use it to view flash content at some websites
that you visit. Without running constantly in the background, the program
will still appear when you visit the site and click on a link for a flash
file.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User