Internet Explorer 6

When I turn on my computer I get a pop up from internet explore that says
Flash 6.75. This just started on my computer with Windows XP and another that
is using Windows ME. What does this mean?
--
redblazer
1 answer Last reply

    On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 16:13:03 -0700, redblazer wrote:

    > When I turn on my computer I get a pop up from internet explore that says
    > Flash 6.75. This just started on my computer with Windows XP and another that
    > is using Windows ME. What does this mean?

    This sounds like a splash screen. While a program is loading, it sends a
    picture to the screen to let you know that it's doing something. In this
    case, you are getting a program name and it is displaying a version number.

    This means that you have a program named Flash installed and it's currently
    configured to run at startup. Or it could mean that there is a file
    launching at startup and it uses a program named Flash to be useful (an
    example would be a flash movie in the Flash player).

    Use Start> Run> MSCONFIG and look over the list on the Startup page to
    figure out which it is. Then decide what you want to do about it.

    If you want the program to load at startup but don't like the splash
    screen, check the program's menus. Some will allow you to hide the splash
    screen. Or if you would rather have it *not* load, check the menus for
    autostart options and choose the option that does not load the program at
    startup. If there are no such settings available, then uncheck the items in
    MSCONFIG.

    NOTE: If this is the Flash Player from Macromedia, you don't need to load
    it at start up if you only use it to view flash content at some websites
    that you visit. Without running constantly in the background, the program
    will still appear when you visit the site and click on a link for a flash
    file.

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User