Sign in with
Your question

Temp Discrepancy

Tags:
  • CPUs
Last response: in CPUs
February 17, 2006 2:23:18 PM

I need some help here.

I have a 3400 754 newcastle with a standard hs and fan. I was going to do a little overclocking, but when I ran Lavasys "Everest" for some baselines it told me that
Tsystem = 38 C
Tcpu = 72 C !!
Tgpu = 50 C

I then ran SisSoft and it said
Board Temp = 25 C
CPU Temp = 39 C
Power/Aux Temp = 72 C !!

I haven't seen any problems or changes with the performance. All fans seem to be working fine. This is still concerns me. Any help would be appreciated.

More about : temp discrepancy

February 17, 2006 2:37:05 PM

I would assume that everest has a bit of trouble reading the sensor on your motherboard. It reads mine about 5-8C higher than it actually is. For completely accurate temps, i would check out what the bios has to say. Whatever the idle is in the BIOS, i think it would be about 20C more MAX at full load.
February 17, 2006 2:56:27 PM

I checked the Bios and the cpu temp was 42-43 C. Better. Rechecked Sis and now says 41 C close enough. Thanks!

What about the high power/Aux temp on Sis? Is this a real problem or just another sensor problem? BTW gigabyte k8ns Pro MB.

The 20 C max at full load is that oc'd? or plain jane.

Thanks again.
Related resources
February 17, 2006 3:27:16 PM

Well my temps at idle are about 40C and at load about 52C, so i was just saying 20C as a round about number. I get 12C flux with a 10% overclock so if you arent overclocked, then it shouldnt flux as much. As for the poweraux temp...i highly doubt that its that high, its probably a sensor misread, does the BIOS show any temps up to 70C? If not, then i wouldnt worry too much about it. Also, since you got a gigabyte board, didnt you get Easytune? Since this windows OC app was built for your mobo, it might read the temps better than another program....take a look at it and see what it has to say also.
February 17, 2006 4:43:29 PM

OK, so I flashed the most current BIOS. And now the temps read

SISoft
board Temp = 25 C
CPU Temp = 42 C
Power/Aux. = 11 C

Everest
TSystem = 42 C
Tcpu = 13 C
Tgpu = 54 C

And my last check in the Bios the Cpu temp = 42 C

So I guess Everest's system/cpu sensors must be switched.

I guess I was a little jumpy last night and this morning when some of my cpu temps were saying 70 C +.

Thanks for your help.
February 17, 2006 4:47:40 PM

No problem, glad i could be of some help.
!