a8n-32-sli mobo 1. Temp Sensors, 2. Audio Front Pannel jack

nichos

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2006
a8n-32-sli mobo. Onboard AC97 audio.

1. The SpeedFan monitor program shows Temp Sensors of CPU 27c & Chipset 30c, BUT also :
a) REMOTE temp, which when cpu runs at 100% (like in fs9) shows Red 58c.
b) Local Temp 27c

What is that worrying REMOTE one at 58c with Red Flame warning.

All components on the mobo feel either cool or lukeworm on the touch.

2. To connect up the Front Pannel Audio jack
How is the cable connection on the mobo side made to the pins ?.

The front cable is solder to the jack pins.

Can anybody help please on these questions?

bigbadwolf

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2006
'All components on the mobo feel either cool or lukeworm on the touch.'i hope u turned the board off at the plug first lol.
To connect up the Front Pannel Audio jack depends on ur cables that ur case came with. can sumtimes be headache, i have a A8N SLI DELUXE, so urs shud be like mine - ya need to remove the jumpers on the front panel audio pins on the mobo (carefully coz theres capacitors all over just waiting to be beheaded), only do this if u r certain ur case supports AC'97 standard. the thing is , if you take these jumpers off without pluggin in the pin headers that came with ur case - it will assume u r usin headphones an giv no sound thru the rear I/O panel. anyway so assumin ur case supports AC97, u need to simply take the header(hopefully labeled AC97 - not azalia or HD Audio) and plug it in, it will only go in one way round. if ur case only comes with individual pins u will have to use wotever info u get on manuals etc

nichos

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2006
Read my lips :- Onboard AC97 audio (a8n-32-sli mobo)

"FP_AUDIO" Pins on mobo:-
1. MIC 2 -- AGND
2. MIC PWR -- +5VA
3. two pins joined
4. NC -- blank or no pin
5. two pins joined

thanx

PS.
I ground my self to case.
Case no name real cheapy with holes in front for audio jacks which I have.
No audio cable came with it or the mobo, have old CD drive audio cables, or make up new ones.
One end to solder on jack, BUT other end how to connect to pins on mobo and to which pins?
Want to plug in my head-set in fornt, instead of the back.