Start Up Programs by user

I am using Win XP Home Edition. I have st it up so that there is an
administrator and four other users. I am fumbling with program which start
up at boot. May I set different start up programs for each user ?
Additionally, may I delete a program from one user without effecting all
others ? If so, would ou be able to point me in the right direction ?

Thanks
MJ

"MOJOBIZ" <MOJOBIZ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am using Win XP Home Edition. I have st it up so that there is an
> administrator and four other users. I am fumbling with program which
> start up at boot. May I set different start up programs for each
> user ? Additionally, may I delete a program from one user without
> effecting all others ? If so, would ou be able to point me in the
> right direction ?
>
> Thanks
> MJ

Sure. Put shortcuts to the programs in the user's Startup folder.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com

mikeh

Distinguished
May 19, 2004

To clarify a bit further from Franks post, the location of the startup folder
is here:

C:\Documents and Settings\USER NAME\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

just paste the shortcut to the file you want to run and it will run at startup

"MOJOBIZ" wrote:

> I am using Win XP Home Edition. I have st it up so that there is an
> administrator and four other users. I am fumbling with program which start
> up at boot. May I set different start up programs for each user ?
> Additionally, may I delete a program from one user without effecting all
> others ? If so, would ou be able to point me in the right direction ?
>
> Thanks
> MJ

MJ,

Flip Startup Items Version 1.1.0.1
http://www.geocities.com/eecrazyone/crazyone.html

Only the entries under these two locations can be flipped.
1. HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
2. HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
3. Startup folder

Also note that Anti-virus and firewalls run Services as a per-machine
setting. The above procedure is intended only for switching application
startups from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE TO HKEY_CURRENT_USER and vice-versa.

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Window XP Shell/User