Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

new system came with 6600gt, upgrade or hold out

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
February 17, 2006 3:27:24 PM

just bought a system from a nice gentleman on anandtech boards

venice 3000+ running at 2.2ghz
2x512 patriot cas 2 memory, red heatspreaders
pci-e 6600gt personal cenima card
80 gig
2x 250 gig
nice case
modular 500 watt ps

a few days prior had purchased a 6800gt agp from newegg as well as a corsair value dual channel 1 gig ddr kit and dvd burner to upgrade my computer as well as my wifes, now going to return the newegg stuff. should I then buy another pci-e video card from newegg? or hold out for another day. would love sudgestions on a card, don't want to go over 150 to 200 if I do decide to upgrade the 6600gt, currently playing WoW, and plan to play age of empires 3, and the current fps and rts games soon
February 17, 2006 5:29:55 PM

See if you can upgrade to an X800 GTO or 6800 GS. Even an X800 XT if you can afford it. It'd make a nice difference.

The 6600 GT is decent though, if you have to keep it.
February 18, 2006 1:25:23 AM

if you sell the 6600 then you might be able to afford the 7800gt, between 300-400cad
February 18, 2006 1:48:27 AM

i say wait if you dont see any slowdowns, save the case till later for the next generation to come out and get a 7800 or a next gen.

i had a 6600 and the sitch to 6800gs was good but not worth it to me i say save your cash.
!