Sign in with
Your question

Best Brand memory to Buy for Mac Mini

Last response: in Mac Os X
August 9, 2012 3:05:09 AM

What is the best brand memory to purchase for a Mac Mini new model? Thanks
August 9, 2012 3:22:05 AM

I've used G.skill and Adata for all of my computer projects, including two Mac Minis for a friend of mine. Put 16GB 2*8 in a new Core I5 unit without issue.

Just stick with default voltage and timings, nothing fancy as you can't enter a "BIOS" and change the settings.
m
l
Related resources
August 10, 2012 3:02:53 AM

shuffman37 said:
I've used G.skill and Adata for all of my computer projects, including two Mac Minis for a friend of mine. Put 16GB 2*8 in a new Core I5 unit without issue.

Just stick with default voltage and timings, nothing fancy as you can't enter a "BIOS" and change the settings.
How about Kingston or Corsair memory? I thought you can put only 8 gigs total in the i5 Mac Mini which i have Apple told me. Thanks
m
l
August 10, 2012 4:35:49 AM

I have successfully put 16GB in a last generation core i5 Mac mini and it will use the entire amount with OSX Lion.

Brands are not a real issue, just non-standard ram with odd voltage needs or odd timings that don't follow the jdec spec.

If you want proof of the 16GB ram install, I'll grab a screenshot tomorrow morning and upload it on here before you make your purchase.
m
l
August 11, 2012 2:52:25 AM

shuffman37 said:
I have successfully put 16GB in a last generation core i5 Mac mini and it will use the entire amount with OSX Lion.

Brands are not a real issue, just non-standard ram with odd voltage needs or odd timings that don't follow the jdec spec.

If you want proof of the 16GB ram install, I'll grab a screenshot tomorrow morning and upload it on here before you make your purchase.
Yes I would surely appreciate this.
m
l
!