Athlon XP 2500+ Temp

I just upgraded my computer (as much as my wife would let me) and I enede up getting an athlon xp 2500+. I've overclocked it to a 3200+ by bumping up the FSB to 200 and uped the voltage to 1.7v. I'm running quite stable, but my cpu diode is ~42 idle and 51 load; are these temps ok for a good while, or should I throttle it back a bit (also if I should change my voltage let me know). Thanks and sorry for the noobie question.
10 answers Last reply
More about athlon 2500 temp
  1. Those temps look great for that chip. You will probably find they go up over time, so keep the fins on the hsf clean.
    If you give it a good burn-in, you may be able to drop the v-core a little. Since older cores started @ 1.75, dont worry too much.
  2. I have used a barton 2500+ overclocked to 3200+ for over 2 years. The FSB is at 200. I never had to raise the voltage and it runs at 36 degrees right now according to Asus PCProbe. Mind you I have 2 fan one on top of each others pushing air directly on the stock CPU heatsink. It is fairly stable.
    How much of a diference in temp do you see between the stock configuration and the overclocked one?
  3. Interesting, I didn't think it would be stable at 1.65v; I lowered mine back down I'll see if it causes any issues. Stock I was seeing ~35 idle and 44 load; now (with 1.65v) I'm seeing ~40 idle and 49 load. :D
  4. my dads xp2500 gets to 35c idle and 50c load so dont worry
  5. The temperature of yours is quite safe. :D I am having a Palomino 1800+ Xp and at present its overclocked to run @ 1900 Mhz instead of its 1533 clock. The temperature of mine is 60+ on idle and 65-70 on load 70+ on peak. I dont have any problems since my machine keeps on running for last couple of weeks continiously. But I prefer a better cooling solution than the stock cooler. 8)
  6. Impressive, thanks for the info.
  7. My XP3000 FSB is turned up to 193 and multiplier is 13. Using a Thermaltake silent tower cooling solution I see 40c idle and 50c full load (BF2) after 2-3 hours. My Vcore is up to 1.85 to keep her stable. You shouldn't have any problems with the set up you currently have.
  8. Quote:
    I just upgraded my computer (as much as my wife would let me) and I enede up getting an athlon xp 2500+. I've overclocked it to a 3200+ by bumping up the FSB to 200 and uped the voltage to 1.7v. I'm running quite stable, but my cpu diode is ~42 idle and 51 load; are these temps ok for a good while, or should I throttle it back a bit (also if I should change my voltage let me know). Thanks and sorry for the noobie question.

Now THAT is interesting - could you please give me some info on the rest of your PC? (motherboard, RAM, video card).. I'm asking because I also have a 2500+ Barton and I've never overclocked it. I'm curious whether I can throttle it up a bit..
  9. I have a Asus A7N8X Deluxe MB v2.0, 1G of ram, and a Sapphire Radeon 9600 pro video card with 256 memory (soon to be overclocked). My case is pretty nice and has 6 fans keeping air moving inside so that probably helps a lot in keeping the cpu cool which has a coolermaster DP5-6l31D heatsink and fan on it.
  10. Cool.. I have the same motherboard, 2x512MB Corsair DDR400 and Asus Radeon 9550GE video card (256MB). But I have no chassis fans and only the stock HSF on the CPU.

Some investment in cooling power and then...
    I'm already starting to think... humm :)
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Computer Windows XP