RAM help

alright, I bought my computer in AUG 2002, it is a pentium 4 and it came with 512 RDRAM. I recently had a harddrive failure and I wanted to upgrade to a SATA harddrive so I purchased a new motherboard... motherboard gets here but the RAM slots don't match my RDRAM. My question is this: is my processor compatible with ddr ram or what else can I do? I've been without a computer for 3 months and now that I've dropped 200 dollars on parts I'm starting to freak out
5 answers Last reply
More about help
  1. intel stopped making chipsets for rdram a long time ago after the crap they put the whole industry through a few years ago!
  2. so that means I'm chill with just replacing my ram with DDR? and if so are there any special things I should pay attention to? I'm probably going to get 1 gig.
  3. Quote:
    so that means I'm chill with just replacing my ram with DDR? and if so are there any special things I should pay attention to? I'm probably going to get 1 gig.

Yup the P4P800SE uses regular 184pin PC3200 DDR400 SDRAM (NOT 240pin DDR2).

So you're all set :D

Semper Fi Linux on!
  4. http://www.asus.com/prog/spec.asp?m=P4P800%20SE&langs=01

-Socket 478 for Intel Pentium 4/Celeron up to 3.2GHz+
    -Intel Hyper-Threading Technology ready
    -Supports Intel Prescott CPU

Intel 865PE MCH 800 / 533 / 400 MHz
    Intel ICH5R

-Dual Channel Memory Architecture
    -4 x 184-pin DIMM Sockets support max. 4GB DDR400/333/266 non-ECC DDR SDRAM memory
    -ASUS Hyper-Path Technology
Ask a new question

Read More

Memory RAM Hard Drives Computer Product