I have two accounts on my PC and I am the administrator.
How does downloading programs work? I.E., I want to
download Adware. If I do that on my account, will it
apply to the other account as well? When I run it, do I
have to run it on both accounts? Thanks!

As far as Ad-aware goes, no you don't have to run it on
both accounts. It will scan your hard drive not just the
account logged on. Now I've seen many programs that have
to be installed only on one account and are accessible
from all other accounts. I've also had to activate many
games and software on each account seperately. It all
depends on the software.