HELP

Last response: in Video Games
May 1, 2005 1:33:54 AM

Can someone PLEASE answer seriously

Hi Everyone

i have just taken off in my 747 and i have just realised i have my tail on
fire opps, and i was just wondering how i go about aborting my flight and
doing a emergency landing.

Do i have to Cancel IFR??

I am flying from Johennsburg International to Perth International

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT, i have saved my flight so i can xome back to it
and try to take someones advice from here

thanks

More about : question

Anonymous
May 1, 2005 1:33:55 AM

I had ones the same problem, I think it is due to over rotating. The tail
tuch the ground and got on fire. I have tryed to solve it with an emergency
landing but that did not work. The only solution I found was to reset the
flight and start again. Carefully!
Wim Dijkgraaf

"Cameron" <cameronpeters@optusnet.com.au> schreef in bericht
> Can someone PLEASE answer seriously
>
> Hi Everyone
>
> i have just taken off in my 747 and i have just realised i have my tail on
> fire opps, and i was just wondering how i go about aborting my flight and
> doing a emergency landing.
>
> Do i have to Cancel IFR??
>
> I am flying from Johennsburg International to Perth International
>
> ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT, i have saved my flight so i can xome back to it
> and try to take someones advice from here
>
> thanks

Anonymous
May 1, 2005 1:33:56 AM

Wim Dijkgraaf wrote:
> I had ones the same problem, I think it is due to over rotating. The tail
> tuch the ground and got on fire. I have tryed to solve it with an emergency
> landing but that did not work. The only solution I found was to reset the
> flight and start again. Carefully!
> Wim Dijkgraaf

Hmm, it may help just reloading the aircraft being on ground again.
I think it works even in midair... ;-)
--
Regards
Axel

Cancel IFR return to either your port of origin(fif you are real close to
it) or make and emergency landing at the nearest airport that has a long
enough runway to support a 747, and remember to simulate a fuel dumping(alt
A, F(then reduce your fuel levels)), just get her down ASAP

"Cameron" <cameronpeters@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
> Can someone PLEASE answer seriously
>
> Hi Everyone
>
> i have just taken off in my 747 and i have just realised i have my tail
on
> fire opps, and i was just wondering how i go about aborting my flight and
> doing a emergency landing.
>
> Do i have to Cancel IFR??
>
> I am flying from Johennsburg International to Perth International
>
> ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT, i have saved my flight so i can xome back to it
> and try to take someones advice from here
>
> thanks

Anonymous
May 1, 2005 3:54:03 AM

thanks so much paul to your response
"Paul R" <rudmans@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message
> Cancel IFR return to either your port of origin(fif you are real close to
> it) or make and emergency landing at the nearest airport that has a long
> enough runway to support a 747, and remember to simulate a fuel
> dumping(alt
> A, F(then reduce your fuel levels)), just get her down ASAP
>
> "Cameron" <cameronpeters@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
>> Can someone PLEASE answer seriously
>>
>> Hi Everyone
>>
>> i have just taken off in my 747 and i have just realised i have my tail
> on
>> fire opps, and i was just wondering how i go about aborting my flight and
>> doing a emergency landing.
>>
>> Do i have to Cancel IFR??
>>
>> I am flying from Johennsburg International to Perth International
>>
>> ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT, i have saved my flight so i can xome back to
>> it
>> and try to take someones advice from here
>>
>> thanks

May 1, 2005 12:24:25 PM

"FlyingAxx" <FlyingAxx@gmx.net> wrote in message
> Wim Dijkgraaf wrote:
> > I had ones the same problem, I think it is due to over rotating. The
tail
> > tuch the ground and got on fire. I have tryed to solve it with an
emergency
> > landing but that did not work. The only solution I found was to reset
the
> > flight and start again. Carefully!
> > Wim Dijkgraaf
> >
> Hmm, it may help just reloading the aircraft being on ground again.
> I think it works even in midair... ;-)
> --
> Regards
> Axel

not much of a challenge though
Anonymous
May 2, 2005 12:07:20 AM

On Sat, 30 Apr 2005 21:33:54 +1000, "Cameron"
<cameronpeters@optusnet.com.au> wrote:

> i have just taken off in my 747 and i have just realised i have my tail on
>fire opps, and i was just wondering how i go about aborting my flight and
>doing a emergency landing.

Hi Cameron

Further to the over-rotating reply, are you trying to engage the
auto-pilot too early? I made this mistake when I first started using
FS2002 and found that my aircraft had trouble lifting off the ground.

You should fly the first short part of your flight manually, or so I
understand.

I should mention that I very rarely fly "heavies".

Cheers
James
Anonymous
May 2, 2005 4:47:17 AM

Mmm sounds nasty... but don't forget that firing the aircraft
fire-extinguishers could play hell with the inside of your computer!
:)

!