HELP

Can someone PLEASE answer seriously

Hi Everyone

i have just taken off in my 747 and i have just realised i have my tail on
fire opps, and i was just wondering how i go about aborting my flight and
doing a emergency landing.

Do i have to Cancel IFR??

I am flying from Johennsburg International to Perth International

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT, i have saved my flight so i can xome back to it
and try to take someones advice from here

thanks
7 answers Last reply
More about help

    I had ones the same problem, I think it is due to over rotating. The tail
    tuch the ground and got on fire. I have tryed to solve it with an emergency
    landing but that did not work. The only solution I found was to reset the
    flight and start again. Carefully!
    Wim Dijkgraaf

    Wim Dijkgraaf wrote:
    > I had ones the same problem, I think it is due to over rotating. The tail
    > tuch the ground and got on fire. I have tryed to solve it with an emergency
    > landing but that did not work. The only solution I found was to reset the
    > flight and start again. Carefully!
    > Wim Dijkgraaf

    Hmm, it may help just reloading the aircraft being on ground again.
    I think it works even in midair... ;-)
    --
    Regards
    Axel

    Cancel IFR return to either your port of origin(fif you are real close to
    it) or make and emergency landing at the nearest airport that has a long
    enough runway to support a 747, and remember to simulate a fuel dumping(alt
    A, F(then reduce your fuel levels)), just get her down ASAP

    "Cameron" <cameronpeters@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
    > Can someone PLEASE answer seriously
    >
    > Hi Everyone
    >
    > i have just taken off in my 747 and i have just realised i have my tail
    on
    > fire opps, and i was just wondering how i go about aborting my flight and
    > doing a emergency landing.
    >
    > Do i have to Cancel IFR??
    >
    > I am flying from Johennsburg International to Perth International
    >
    > ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT, i have saved my flight so i can xome back to it
    > and try to take someones advice from here
    >
    > thanks

    thanks so much paul to your response

    "FlyingAxx" <FlyingAxx@gmx.net> wrote in message
    > Wim Dijkgraaf wrote:
    > > I had ones the same problem, I think it is due to over rotating. The
    tail
    > > tuch the ground and got on fire. I have tryed to solve it with an
    emergency
    > > landing but that did not work. The only solution I found was to reset
    the
    > > flight and start again. Carefully!
    > > Wim Dijkgraaf
    > >
    > Hmm, it may help just reloading the aircraft being on ground again.
    > I think it works even in midair... ;-)
    > --
    > Regards
    > Axel

    not much of a challenge though

    On Sat, 30 Apr 2005 21:33:54 +1000, "Cameron"
    <cameronpeters@optusnet.com.au> wrote:

    > i have just taken off in my 747 and i have just realised i have my tail on
    >fire opps, and i was just wondering how i go about aborting my flight and
    >doing a emergency landing.

    Hi Cameron

    Further to the over-rotating reply, are you trying to engage the
    auto-pilot too early? I made this mistake when I first started using
    FS2002 and found that my aircraft had trouble lifting off the ground.

    You should fly the first short part of your flight manually, or so I
    understand.

    I should mention that I very rarely fly "heavies".

    Cheers
    James

    Mmm sounds nasty... but don't forget that firing the aircraft
    fire-extinguishers could play hell with the inside of your computer!
    :)

    "FlyingAxx" <FlyingAxx@gmx.net> wrote in message
    > Wim Dijkgraaf wrote:
    >> I had ones the same problem, I think it is due to over rotating. The tail
    >> tuch the ground and got on fire. I have tryed to solve it with an
    >> emergency landing but that did not work. The only solution I found was to
    >> reset the flight and start again. Carefully!
    >> Wim Dijkgraaf
    >>
    > Hmm, it may help just reloading the aircraft being on ground again. I
    > think it works even in midair... ;-)
    > --
    > Regards
    > Axel