is there a pic-e to agp adapter

chuckshissle

Splendid
Feb 2, 2006
It doesn't make sense to buy a fast pci-e card only to be reduce to an AGP's bandwith. That's what are AGP cards are for, and the best one right now is the 7800GS that goes around for $300. That or you could switch to a pci-e board.

linux_0

Splendid
They do exist but they are hard or impossible to find are impractical and even if you could get one you should expect to have issues.

It's not a good idea.

As mentioned above an ASRoc board or motherboard upgrade is a much better choice.

linux_0

Splendid
I haven't either... having used strange PCI and other risers however I have to tell you if it does exist it probably doesn't work very well.

I know an AGP to PCI-E adapter does exist. A PCI-E to AGP probably does not but [almost] anything is possible.

pauldh

Illustrious
If there was such an adapter, and it worked well, I'd think it would have been huge news immediately. A 7800GT fitting into your current AGP setup! SO I am with you in that it does not exist, or has big stability/compatibility/voltage frying issues if it does. I wouldn't doubt somebody has looked into designing one, but I do doubt a succesful one exists or will exist.

TRENDING THREADS