Sign in with
Your question

is there a pic-e to agp adapter

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 18, 2006 5:07:04 AM

I have seen the agp to pic-e but i want it the other way. If not why not?

More about : pic agp adapter

a c 120 U Graphics card
February 18, 2006 11:42:44 AM

http://www.albatron.com.tw/english/news/news_detail.asp...

Try this......good luck tying to find it though. Been looking for a couple of months. Venders who sell video cards won't stock it because they make more money selling the pci-e upgrades. If you do find it let us know..........usa..........
February 18, 2006 11:47:03 AM

It doesn't make sense to buy a fast pci-e card only to be reduce to an AGP's bandwith. That's what are AGP cards are for, and the best one right now is the 7800GS that goes around for $300. That or you could switch to a pci-e board.
Related resources
February 18, 2006 11:59:03 AM

They do exist but they are hard or impossible to find are impractical and even if you could get one you should expect to have issues.

It's not a good idea.

As mentioned above an ASRoc board or motherboard upgrade is a much better choice.
a c 120 U Graphics card
February 18, 2006 12:36:03 PM

Chuckshissle..... I think the adapter was brought to light with the idea of using your old agp card until you could afford putting an sli card on your board.
February 18, 2006 12:46:18 PM

PCI-E you mean?
February 18, 2006 1:02:21 PM

Well that would make sense, if you said it that way. But I've never heard someone using this adaptor.
February 18, 2006 1:55:17 PM

I haven't either... having used strange PCI and other risers however I have to tell you if it does exist it probably doesn't work very well.

I know an AGP to PCI-E adapter does exist. A PCI-E to AGP probably does not but [almost] anything is possible.
a b U Graphics card
February 18, 2006 3:14:30 PM

If there was such an adapter, and it worked well, I'd think it would have been huge news immediately. A 7800GT fitting into your current AGP setup! SO I am with you in that it does not exist, or has big stability/compatibility/voltage frying issues if it does. I wouldn't doubt somebody has looked into designing one, but I do doubt a succesful one exists or will exist.
!