Details view--Choose Details--Pages displays incorrect data

We are running Windows XP and MS Office 2003. When we
look at Word files in Windows Explorer, in Details View,
and we "choose details" --the "pages" detail, we get a
default of 1 page for 95% of our files when in fact they
are more than one page. If we right click on the file in
Explorer and look at the summary tab, Advanced button. It
shows only 1 page. But if we open the file and look in
document properties and look on the statistics tab, it
has the correct page count. The "Pages" detail in Windows
Explorer is pulling from first "pages" field that has the
incorrect number of pages. How can we fix this?

On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 20:10:42 -0700, Jaci Smeltzer wrote:

> We are running Windows XP and MS Office 2003. When we
> look at Word files in Windows Explorer, in Details View,
> and we "choose details" --the "pages" detail, we get a
> default of 1 page for 95% of our files when in fact they
> are more than one page. If we right click on the file in
> Explorer and look at the summary tab, Advanced button. It
> shows only 1 page. But if we open the file and look in
> document properties and look on the statistics tab, it
> has the correct page count. The "Pages" detail in Windows
> Explorer is pulling from first "pages" field that has the
> incorrect number of pages. How can we fix this?

Unless the document contains page breaks, it is one page.
--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User