Return to Full screen won't work

I have had this problem for a long time. If I go from Full Screen during a
flight, which is my normal setting, to Window, that works fine. However,
when I try to return from window back to full screen (whatever method I use)
I just get a black screen. I have three monitors and the Parhelia 128, but
it used to work OK a few months ago. Any suggestions apart from updating my
video drivers? I do this regularly and it's a pain too!

--
Cheers,

Quilly

An individual reply goes into my spam filter
7 answers Last reply
More about return full screen work

    Why are you swapping between all the time?

    You can access menus using the Alt key

    > I have had this problem for a long time. If I go from Full Screen during a
    > flight, which is my normal setting, to Window, that works fine. However,
    > when I try to return from window back to full screen (whatever method I
    > use) I just get a black screen. I have three monitors and the Parhelia
    > 128, but it used to work OK a few months ago. Any suggestions apart from
    > updating my video drivers? I do this regularly and it's a pain too!
    >
    > --
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Quilly
    >
    > An individual reply goes into my spam filter

    I am not swapping between all the time but sometimes I forget to swwitch on
    say, MGrab and I want to take a screenshot, but I don't want to leave my
    place in the sim to do it. There are other pressing reasons from time to
    time which are good enough for me :-)
    --
    Cheers,

    Quilly

    An individual reply goes into my spam filter

    Probably no help whatsoever, but on my NVidia system (5900XT) I get this
    only when I have antialiasing set up high, otherwise no problems. Normally I
    can fix it by turning off AA for a moment.
    Those newfangled Parhelias though, I dunno...
    > I have had this problem for a long time. If I go from Full Screen during a
    > flight, which is my normal setting, to Window, that works fine. However,
    > when I try to return from window back to full screen (whatever method I
    > use) I just get a black screen. I have three monitors and the Parhelia
    > 128, but it used to work OK a few months ago. Any suggestions apart from
    > updating my video drivers? I do this regularly and it's a pain too!
    >
    > --
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Quilly
    >
    > An individual reply goes into my spam filter

    I will have a look at the antialiasing thing, but IIRRC I don't use the AA
    on FS but in the video card. To which are you referring Robin?

    Cheers,

    Quilly

    An individual reply goes into my spam filter

    Alt-Tab?

    >I am not swapping between all the time but sometimes I forget to swwitch on
    >say, MGrab and I want to take a screenshot, but I don't want to leave my
    >place in the sim to do it. There are other pressing reasons from time to
    >time which are good enough for me :-)
    > --
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Quilly
    >

    > An individual reply goes into my spam filter

    Thanks Lawn,
    The Start key is a great idea. I really should have thought of that.
    I will use it in a minute!
    Also Robin Corn has fixed my problem for the moment I believe. (You should
    all look at Robin's New Zealand scenery BTW)

    Thanks again everyone.

    Cheers,

    Quilly

    An individual reply goes into my spam filter

Video Games