sp2 for those having problems

I went to my computer manufacturers website and checked for driver updates.I
have always kept my graphics and audio drivers updated.

When I went to computer website I found all kinds of other drivers that I
just never checked for updates before.Just laziness on my part.

Check your sofwares websites,I have SBC Yahoo as my ISP. They are not
compatible with sp2. I uninstalled it and configured the dial up connection
manually.

I installed sp2 and have no problems at all.I have noticed better
performance.
6 answers Last reply
More about problems

    Neither Dial nor DSL for SBC Yahoo! is compatible with Xp Sp2? Is that true?
    Thanks for letting me know. I have SBC Yahoo! DSL. Maybe they will come out
    with a patch for us.

    "Mike" <noone@home> wrote in message
    > I went to my computer manufacturers website and checked for driver
    updates.I
    > have always kept my graphics and audio drivers updated.
    >
    > When I went to computer website I found all kinds of other drivers that I
    > just never checked for updates before.Just laziness on my part.
    >
    > Check your sofwares websites,I have SBC Yahoo as my ISP. They are not
    > compatible with sp2. I uninstalled it and configured the dial up
    connection
    > manually.
    >
    > I installed sp2 and have no problems at all.I have noticed better
    > performance.

    My neighbor has SBC Yahoo (DSL) and was able to download and install SP2 on
    his Windows XP Home Edition without any problems.

    "Jane Crystal" <utopianseamaid@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Neither Dial nor DSL for SBC Yahoo! is compatible with Xp Sp2? Is that
    > true?
    > Thanks for letting me know. I have SBC Yahoo! DSL. Maybe they will come
    > out
    > with a patch for us.
    >
    > "Mike" <noone@home> wrote in message
    >> I went to my computer manufacturers website and checked for driver
    > updates.I
    >> have always kept my graphics and audio drivers updated.
    >>
    >> When I went to computer website I found all kinds of other drivers that I
    >> just never checked for updates before.Just laziness on my part.
    >>
    >> Check your sofwares websites,I have SBC Yahoo as my ISP. They are not
    >> compatible with sp2. I uninstalled it and configured the dial up
    > connection
    >> manually.
    >>
    >> I installed sp2 and have no problems at all.I have noticed better
    >> performance.

    I installed SP2 with NO problems execpt I had to update Nero, but
    connection(Yahoo DSL) wise all is well.
    They do have issues with certain IP addresses 70.240.XXX.XXX and
    70.241.XXX.XXX. So if you have either one of these IP's then you may have
    some website that you can't or have problems accessing

    "Papa" <bikingis@my.fun> wrote in message
    > My neighbor has SBC Yahoo (DSL) and was able to download and install SP2
    > on his Windows XP Home Edition without any problems.
    >
    > "Jane Crystal" <utopianseamaid@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >> Neither Dial nor DSL for SBC Yahoo! is compatible with Xp Sp2? Is that
    >> true?
    >> Thanks for letting me know. I have SBC Yahoo! DSL. Maybe they will come
    >> out
    >> with a patch for us.
    >>
    >> "Mike" <noone@home> wrote in message
    >>> I went to my computer manufacturers website and checked for driver
    >> updates.I
    >>> have always kept my graphics and audio drivers updated.
    >>>
    >>> When I went to computer website I found all kinds of other drivers that
    >>> just never checked for updates before.Just laziness on my part.
    >>>
    >>> Check your sofwares websites,I have SBC Yahoo as my ISP. They are not
    >>> compatible with sp2. I uninstalled it and configured the dial up
    >> connection
    >>> manually.
    >>>
    >>> I installed sp2 and have no problems at all.I have noticed better
    >>> performance.

    What ver
    "Mike" <mike@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > I installed SP2 with NO problems execpt I had to update Nero, but
    > connection(Yahoo DSL) wise all is well.
    > They do have issues with certain IP addresses 70.240.XXX.XXX and
    > 70.241.XXX.XXX. So if you have either one of these IP's then you may have
    > some website that you can't or have problems accessing
    >

    > "Papa" <bikingis@my.fun> wrote in message
    > > My neighbor has SBC Yahoo (DSL) and was able to download and install SP2
    > > on his Windows XP Home Edition without any problems.
    > >
    > > "Jane Crystal" <utopianseamaid@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > >> Neither Dial nor DSL for SBC Yahoo! is compatible with Xp Sp2? Is that
    > >> true?
    > >> Thanks for letting me know. I have SBC Yahoo! DSL. Maybe they will come
    > >> out
    > >> with a patch for us.
    > >>
    > >> "Mike" <noone@home> wrote in message
    > >> updates.I

    > >> connection

    Mike

    What Nero version do you have, and what did you need to update it to? I have
    Nero Burning ROM 5.5. It is an OEM version that came with my CDRW-DVDROM
    drive.

    "Mike" <mike@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > I installed SP2 with NO problems execpt I had to update Nero, but
    > connection(Yahoo DSL) wise all is well.
    > They do have issues with certain IP addresses 70.240.XXX.XXX and
    > 70.241.XXX.XXX. So if you have either one of these IP's then you may have
    > some website that you can't or have problems accessing

    I have the latest. 6.3.1.20. You need to use this version or newer, if
    available for SP2. Or use Windows built in (limited though) CD burning tool
    Nero's home page: http://www.nero.com/en/index.html

    http://www.nero.com/en/632011181528025.html (tells you the version to
    upgrade to)

    This info is for the OEM people such as yourself:
    http://www.nero.com/en/FAQs_Nero6.html#1

    Hope this helps

    > Mike
    >
    > What Nero version do you have, and what did you need to update it to? I
    > have
    > Nero Burning ROM 5.5. It is an OEM version that came with my CDRW-DVDROM
    > drive.
    >
    > "Mike" <mike@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >> I installed SP2 with NO problems execpt I had to update Nero, but
    >> connection(Yahoo DSL) wise all is well.
    >> They do have issues with certain IP addresses 70.240.XXX.XXX and
    >> 70.241.XXX.XXX. So if you have either one of these IP's then you may have
    >> some website that you can't or have problems accessing

Internet Service Providers Computers Windows XP