Misty Fjords; simulated bush pilot paradise! :-)

"Lawn Dart" <willkayakforfoodREMOVE_THIS@gmx.net> wrote in message

> Hi,
>
> After getting the RealAir Scout, I decided it was finally time for
> some new scenery to fly over and into with the new plane, and so
> naturally, Holger Sandmann's "Misty Fjords" (from FSAddon) was first
> on the list.
>
> I flew a few short hops around the new scenery in the amphibian
> version of the Scout, and found myself in simulated bush pilot
> paradise! :) Now I'm downloading all sorts of stuff from the "Misty
> Moorings" site. I'm going to enjoy some flying tonight! :)
>
> And I haven't forgotten my new Spitfire either. Dudley will be happy
> to know that the maiden flight of the Spitfire was a success, and
> Varmit should know that there was no "lawn dart" landing! :-Þ In
> fact, I'm happy to say that all three "first landings" with this
> plane were quite smooth. This is a fast little plane! :)
>
> Speaking of "lawn dart", I'm thinking that I should now learn to
> create liveries for my planes with "Lawn Dart" tastefully painted on
> them. Could someone please point me in the direction of what I need
> to accomplish this? Thanks!
>
> - --
> Melissa

Anyone who can handle a Kayak in rough water will enjoy the Spitfire I'm
sure. In fact, I'm not so sure I could manage a Kayak in rough
water...........well, maybe in smooth water............well, in the bathtub
maybe?
:)
Dudley

On Sat, 30 Apr 2005 17:17:27 -0700, Lawn Dart
<willkayakforfoodREMOVE_THIS@gmx.net> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>After getting the RealAir Scout, I decided it was finally time for
>some new scenery to fly over and into with the new plane, and so
>naturally, Holger Sandmann's "Misty Fjords" (from FSAddon) was first
>on the list.
>
>I flew a few short hops around the new scenery in the amphibian
>version of the Scout, and found myself in simulated bush pilot
>paradise! :) Now I'm downloading all sorts of stuff from the "Misty
>Moorings" site. I'm going to enjoy some flying tonight! :)
>
>And I haven't forgotten my new Spitfire either. Dudley will be happy
>to know that the maiden flight of the Spitfire was a success, and
>Varmit should know that there was no "lawn dart" landing! :-Þ In
>fact, I'm happy to say that all three "first landings" with this
>plane were quite smooth. This is a fast little plane! :)
>
>Speaking of "lawn dart", I'm thinking that I should now learn to
>create liveries for my planes with "Lawn Dart" tastefully painted on
>them. Could someone please point me in the direction of what I need
>to accomplish this? Thanks!

Join us anytime for some Misty Multiplayer Flying. We explore that
entire area of Alaska and sometimes branch out to the Ultimate Terrain
Canada/Alaska scenery as well. Aircraft include the Grumman Goose,
Scout, Beavers, and pretty much anything else that can fly on short
runways and land on the water. Get a Key for Misty's Place and
there will be many posts there on that forum, on all the add-ons,
etc..., which is in addition to the Misty Fjords Site.

http://www.mistymoorings.com/index.php

Bob

dallas

"Lawn Dart"
> could be fun in this lovely bush flying environment.
> For now, I'm just going to explore a bit to see what's
> around.

We feed vicariously on your new enthusiasm. :)

Dallas

On Sun, 1 May 2005 00:14:17 -0700, Lawn Dart
<willkayakforfoodREMOVE_THIS@gmx.net> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>On Sat, 30 Apr 2005 22:16:39 -0700, I wrote:
>
>> ...and now I've installed Ultimate Terrain CA/AK now as well! (along
>> with the compatibility patch).
>
>I seem to have come across a problem or two. After installing
>Ultimate Terrain for Canada and Alaska, then the v2 patch for
>compatibility with Misty Fjords, I'm seeing some peculiar shoreline
>anomalies.
>
>I took off from Wrangell airfield (PAWG), in Ultimate Terrain
>territory just north of the border between the Ultimate Terrain and
>Misty Fjords sceneries. In the UT areas, there's a consistent
>shoreline problem, as seen here:
>
>http://tinyurl.com/ad42j
>
>Here I am flying south across the border between UT territory and
>Misty Fjords (you can see where the UT shoreline problem ends):
>
>http://tinyurl.com/8vnd5
>
>And then, when I'm in Misty Fjords, there's another type of shoreline
>anomaly:
>
>http://tinyurl.com/a25wv
>
>http://tinyurl.com/b5ljo
>
>Can someone tell me what I can do to fix these two problems?
>
>And finally, here are a couple of pictures just for the fun of it:
>
>http://tinyurl.com/am7w9
>
>http://tinyurl.com/8tt77

There is a problem with two scenery add ons that I have called
Glacier Bay 1 and 2 . When I turn on Glacier Bay with my FS9 scenery
manager, I get the weird shorelines in places between Misty's Place
and Juneau, for instance. Disabling Glacier Bay , removes the
double shorelines. There are a small number of areas that still need
patches to work perfectly with UT, and that is what you may be
getting, but I am not sure Wrangell is included. I would suggest
posting this question on the Misty Moorings Forum, and Holdger will
answer it for you very quickly and explain what may be the problem and
how to resolve it.

http://forums.simflight.com/viewforum.php?f=159

Bob

On Sun, 1 May 2005 00:14:17 -0700, Lawn Dart
<willkayakforfoodREMOVE_THIS@gmx.net> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>On Sat, 30 Apr 2005 22:16:39 -0700, I wrote:
>
>> ...and now I've installed Ultimate Terrain CA/AK now as well! (along
>> with the compatibility patch).
>
>I seem to have come across a problem or two. After installing
>Ultimate Terrain for Canada and Alaska, then the v2 patch for
>compatibility with Misty Fjords, I'm seeing some peculiar shoreline
>anomalies.
>
>I took off from Wrangell airfield (PAWG), in Ultimate Terrain
>territory just north of the border between the Ultimate Terrain and
>Misty Fjords sceneries. In the UT areas, there's a consistent
>shoreline problem, as seen here:
>
>http://tinyurl.com/ad42j
>
>Here I am flying south across the border between UT territory and
>Misty Fjords (you can see where the UT shoreline problem ends):
>
>http://tinyurl.com/8vnd5
>
>And then, when I'm in Misty Fjords, there's another type of shoreline
>anomaly:
>
>http://tinyurl.com/a25wv
>
>http://tinyurl.com/b5ljo
>
>Can someone tell me what I can do to fix these two problems?
>
>And finally, here are a couple of pictures just for the fun of it:
>
>http://tinyurl.com/am7w9
>
>http://tinyurl.com/8tt77

By the way, I like the last 2 screen shot.s Typical of Misty, and
there are tons more things to see.

Here is one of my favorite planes to fly at Misty's, besides the Scout
and Beaver

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y152/Bobsk8/ChalksatMisty.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y152/Bobsk8/OnthewaytoMaloneys.jpg

Bob
http://windrfters.com/cgoosepage.htm

hey bob what plane is that?

Thanks
Chris

--
Do you want to join a freelance design team? Can you code or design? Want to
join a team who is strict on Web standards complacency?

"Bob Cordone" <nospam@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> On Sun, 1 May 2005 00:14:17 -0700, Lawn Dart
> <willkayakforfoodREMOVE_THIS@gmx.net> wrote:

>>Hi,
>>
>>On Sat, 30 Apr 2005 22:16:39 -0700, I wrote:
>>
>>> ...and now I've installed Ultimate Terrain CA/AK now as well! (along
>>> with the compatibility patch).
>>
>>I seem to have come across a problem or two. After installing
>>Ultimate Terrain for Canada and Alaska, then the v2 patch for
>>compatibility with Misty Fjords, I'm seeing some peculiar shoreline
>>anomalies.
>>
>>I took off from Wrangell airfield (PAWG), in Ultimate Terrain
>>territory just north of the border between the Ultimate Terrain and
>>Misty Fjords sceneries. In the UT areas, there's a consistent
>>shoreline problem, as seen here:
>>
>>http://tinyurl.com/ad42j
>>
>>Here I am flying south across the border between UT territory and
>>Misty Fjords (you can see where the UT shoreline problem ends):
>>
>>http://tinyurl.com/8vnd5
>>
>>And then, when I'm in Misty Fjords, there's another type of shoreline
>>anomaly:
>>
>>http://tinyurl.com/a25wv
>>
>>http://tinyurl.com/b5ljo
>>
>>Can someone tell me what I can do to fix these two problems?
>>
>>And finally, here are a couple of pictures just for the fun of it:
>>
>>http://tinyurl.com/am7w9
>>
>>http://tinyurl.com/8tt77
>
> By the way, I like the last 2 screen shot.s Typical of Misty, and
> there are tons more things to see.
>
> Here is one of my favorite planes to fly at Misty's, besides the Scout
> and Beaver
>
> http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y152/Bobsk8/ChalksatMisty.jpg
>

> http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y152/Bobsk8/OnthewaytoMaloneys.jpg
>
> Bob
> http://windrfters.com/cgoosepage.htm

dallas

"Lawn Dart"
> I've since spent more than $1500
> for hardware upgrades, controllers, and payware add-ons!

You're now officially one of us!

In 1996 my then girlfriend (now wife) and I spent about $400 each for a
windsurfer. We thought what a fun little thing to do in the summer. :)

We now have $13 thousand dollars worth of windsurfing gear in the garage.

Dallas

crash

Dallas wrote:

> We now have $13 thousand dollars worth of windsurfing gear in the
> garage.

I really think you should get into RC flying too! I started out thinking -
hey, what the heck, maybe $300, $400 max for something simple and a few
yuks........
In eight months it's passed the $3K mark, and that's NOT counting the wifes
"equal opportunity" wasteful spending on her quilting hobby..
d:->))

dallas

"CRaSH"
> NOT counting the wife's
> "equal opportunity" wasteful spending on her quilting hobby..

LOL! ( I understand. )

Hey, you haven't had to buy a trailer for all your stuff yet. This is only
half of our stuff, there are 4 more boards on the garage walls:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v101/Dallas52/Windsurfing/WindsurfingEquipmenttrailer.jpg

Here's a picture of me using it... :) Lawn Dart, note that I get into
cold water too.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v101/Dallas52/Windsurfing/WS2e.jpg

Dallas

crash

Dallas wrote:
> Hey, you haven't had to buy a trailer for all your stuff yet. This
> is only half of our stuff, there are 4 more boards on the garage
> walls:
>
> http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v101/Dallas52/Windsurfing/WindsurfingEquipmenttrailer.jpg

Good Grief Charlie Brown, ya can only ride one at a time.........

> Here's a picture of me using it... :) Lawn Dart, note that I get
> into cold water too.
>
> http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v101/Dallas52/Windsurfing/WS2e.jpg

Ahhh, yeah - I'd recognize that elbow and kneecap anywhere................
<G>

talking about obsessions, I cant stand things which are not symmetrical and
I don't like things which are not in a straight line, so I can see my future
house costing me a lot lol. The downsides to having asperges syndrome, fun
times!

--

"CRaSH" <sorry@aint-here.spam.com> wrote in message
> Dallas wrote:
>>
>> We now have $13 thousand dollars worth of windsurfing gear in the
>> garage.
>>

> I really think you should get into RC flying too! I started out
> thinking - hey, what the heck, maybe $300, $400 max for something simple
> and a few yuks........
> In eight months it's passed the $3K mark, and that's NOT counting the
> wifes "equal opportunity" wasteful spending on her quilting hobby..
> d:->))

dallas

"Chris Harries"
>>The downsides to having asperges syndrome

Doesn't that make your pee smell funny?

Oh... never mind.. that's asparagus syndrome. :)

Dallas

dallas

"CRaSH"
> > Good grief Charlie Brown, you can only ride one at a time
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v101/Dallas52/Windsurfing/WindsurfingEquipmenttrailer.jpg

One for each foot... :)

The big one on top is more like a sailboat with a centerboard. It's good
for putzing around in light wind. Then from wind speeds of about 16 mph on
up you need a different board and sail for every additional 6 mph of wind.
You never know what you are going to need till you get there so you have to
take all your junk on every trip.

Thusly, the surprise in what you thought was a cheap pastime becoming out of
control.

Dallas

baahhahaha I like it, mind you when spell checking Asperges didn't exist but
I almost pressed change for Asparagus

--

> "Chris Harries"
>>>The downsides to having asperges syndrome
>
> Doesn't that make your pee smell funny?
>

> Oh... never mind.. that's asparagus syndrome. :)
>
> Dallas

TRENDING THREADS