i have no sata drive on my kt600

hotbath

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2006
hello,
i am new to this forum for the simple fact that i havent really had any problems with my system til now.
i have a sy kt600 dragon plus 2.0 and resently bought a seagate 160 gig sata harddrive.

my problem is that it will not show up that i even installed the thing. ive tried disconnecting my uata from the board and running windows install with the drivers on a floppy like suggested to do by soyo, and well still no drive.

i have the onboard sata ide enabled in the bios. i just dont know what else to do. they say that sata is designed for easy install and from what i can see that is the farthest thing from the truth that ive ever seen.
i have a seagate 160 gig uata on my other computer and well that installed in the time that it takes to format and install.

ive been at this for almost a week. i would really appreciate some help here.

thank you.

Scottz

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2005
Look at Chapter 6 - Page 26 on the Quick Setup Guide "VIA 8237 Serial ATA Driver Installation".

http://www.soyo.com.tw/dl/manuals/quick-sg/k7/qsg_k7vkpe_v11.pdf

Make sure all of those steps, including loading the driver have been followed.

Right click on My Computer, select properties, hardware, device manager.

Go down to "SCSI and RAID controllers".
Do you see it installed?
Is there something in "Other Devices" that says RAID Controller with a big yellow question mark on it?

You didn't mention hitting F6 when windows install boots up in order to load the driver from floppy, so I'm thinking this might have something to do with it.