Needs HElp with overclocking x2 4400

Omnipotence

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2005
Hi i got motherboard asus A8N-SLI Deluxe socket 939 amd x2 4400 orz 1x2 gigs of ram 240 raid 0 drives 6800gts pci-e x16 2 of them 256 megs can someone tell me what to overclock and how high i can get it should i over ram video and cpu or ram n cpu? and whats the comboes to over clock them mauanlly please help me....

apesoccer

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2004
Hmm...If you're really starting from scratch...IE you don't know the first thing about oc'ing...

Then first, you want to read your manual that came with your motherboard.

Then read the oc'ing sticky for A64, pay attention to the 939 section (the 754 doesn't help you since it's an older style of motherboard).

Then...reread your manual, the words that didn't make sense before should make a little more sense now.

Then, try to find what other people have been overclocking your ram to. Which means you need to write down exactly what ram you have, and search for it.

Then you want to find exactly what people have been oc'ing your cpu to, so you have a better idea of what you can oc it to.

Then you decide if you want to run with a divider or 1:1, because you could be limited in your oc by your ram since you have 2x1024mb of ram. (now you might not be...i'm not for instance...but most 2x1024 sticks of ram don't oc very well).

After making that decision, reread the sections on how to oc. Now almost everything will make sense to you, and the rest thats in there you can look up and understand because you've already got a good idea of what everything means and how it works together.

Or...if you just want to oc a little, go in to the bios (hit del when the second screen pops up...[first screen is your graphics card, second shows Asus screen...or shows the hardware you're using depending on how it's been set it to run in the bios]).

Then go to the Jumperfree Config under Advanced, and choose AI Overclock from the Overclock Profile. Now choose between a 3 and 10% oc. And your done. Hit F10 to save your options.

If it doesn't work, choose a lower %. If 3% doesn't work, then your ram can't handle an OC at all.

Now if you want to oc your graphics card's...that's a whole 'nother ball game. You'll want to go the oc'ing graphics section for help with that. Or, just download the tools that came with your graphics card, and use them to oc. You'll not want to oc further then 400 on the gpu and 1120 on the memory. If its a stock 6800gt, then they should be set to 350 and 1000 right now. If you purchased 6800gs's, then they could be anything from 350-500 gpu and 1000-1150 mem stock.

TRENDING THREADS