Funny how people argue...

vishusmartishus

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2006
I have a 5-year old P4 1.6ghz.
it sucks.

Its weird how people argue over which prcossesor is the best or is better or why its better or how its better.

they're so close, it's no use arguing!
3 seconds difference in burning or encoding or whatever doesnt really matter!

if i could have a choice between a 650 and a 4000+, i wouldn't really care which one i got, because they both are way better than my shitter right now.

endyen

Splendid
Is that really your attitude when you go shopping?
When I spend my money, I want the best product I can get, and the best price. Guess I'm just silly.
(then again, I also want the hellp out of thier as fast as possible to)

old_times

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2006
I have a 5-year old P4 1.6ghz. bla bla ...3 seconds difference in burning or encoding or whatever doesnt really matter!

5x 365x 3 seconds x number of times you burned or encoded or whatever a day

Amigo you are missing a couple of days (months?(years?)) of your life :p

function9

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2002
I don't think it's that bad. Could be worse, they could be arguing over sports teams, now talk about silly. At least the hardware these people argue about have some effect on their lives, unlike sports.

perz

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2006
8O

I think people argue whats best bang for the buck, unless your Donald Trump you care about getting the best deal. Most experts today claim that AMD gives the best price/perfomance ratio today, maybe different tomorrow.

But what strikes me about this that as i understand your P4 is one of the best overclockers! You should easily be able to kick it up to 2,1 Ghz at least. Then it wouldnt suck so much....

:wink:

G

When will you all learn that nobody cares what friggin processor you run in your system?

I DO NOT CARE.

I have a fast system; it's working great; it cost a lot of money. SO WHAT?

KingLoftusXII

Splendid
Jan 17, 2006
prozac...it was a statement showing people's attitude,
not always mine...get a clue, huh.

No need to insult me by calling me a noob. I'm no punk
kid. Try to understand the meaning of a post before insulting the
writer.

'...regardless of the facts', shoulda' tipped you off...

pmr

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2006
I have a 5-year old P4 1.6ghz.
it sucks.

Its weird how people argue over which prcossesor is the best or is better or why its better or how its better.

they're so close, it's no use arguing!
3 seconds difference in burning or encoding or whatever doesnt really matter!

if i could have a choice between a 650 and a 4000+, i wouldn't really care which one i got, because they both are way better than my shitter right now.

For the "normal" user anything fits.
The enthusiast lives in other world, just like everything else, not just computers, but cars, bikes...tiny little things make the difference.

vishusmartishus

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2006
8O

I think people argue whats best bang for the buck, unless your Donald Trump you care about getting the best deal. Most experts today claim that AMD gives the best price/perfomance ratio today, maybe different tomorrow.

But what strikes me about this that as i understand your P4 is one of the best overclockers! You should easily be able to kick it up to 2,1 Ghz at least. Then it wouldnt suck so much....

:wink:

Yeah, stupid Dell locked the BIOS settings, so I can't OC the sonofabitch.
stupid Dell actually 'sodered' their proc onto the motherboard so I cannot even change it! money sucking bastards! I'll never buy from them again!

hergieburbur

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2005
If you only post on threads to complain about them, why do you post? You don't have to read them if you aren't interested in them, or do not want to.

Personally, I think all Fanboys are misguided.

TRENDING THREADS