Dell MOBO --> AreoCool Case

grubby

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2006
Hey, I have a dell persision workstation 370 and i bought a new case to xfer over the hardware.....now im having probs changing the power button/usb over....any help from anyone??????

sykoben

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2006
there should be markers on the dips you need to connect the switches to, if not, look up the mobo online and see if you can find anything to do with the jumper settings. dell can be a pain in the ass for using hardware you cant really work with, or upgrade.

jerod2099

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2006
I actually just went through a similar problem myself. I have a dell 2350 and put the mobo and guts in a new case. I can get a childish drawing/diagram I drew up to help me with the wiring splicing if you need it. I still have the drawing on my comp so just let me know and I can email it to you. I googled and seareched everywhere and dell doesn't give any info on pinouts or what wire does what on dell boards.

sykoben

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2006
this is because dell sucks big hairy goat balls all day and doesnt want you to be able to get any value out of your pc after it goes obsolete, which with dells, is as soon as you o[en the packaging,
best advice to you, is never buy dell again

jerod2099

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2006
I found out the same thing. I told my wife I would never buy another dell. I would build my own next time. At the time I bought the dell I knew nothing at all about computers and the cost of building one and for most homes a dell is fine. But when it comes to upgrading things (something as simple as a HD) it becomes a real pain.