Is this PSU alright for me?

Jmsully

Honorable
Aug 2, 2013
I am building a budget gaming rig and I saw a Cosrsair CX430 for $19.99 w/rebate. For my build I have an i5-3350p, a gtx 650 ti, and an Kingston HyperX 120gb SSD. I dont plan on overclocking either. Is this powe supply cutting it too close or is it just right?

Solution
For a system using a single GeForce GTX 650 Ti graphics card NVIDIA specifies a minimum of a 400 Watt or greater system power supply that has a maximum combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 20 Amps or greater and that has at least one 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connector.

The GeForce GTX 650 Ti does not support SLI mode.

Total Power Supply Wattage is NOT the crucial factor in power supply selection!!! Sufficient Total Combined Continuous Power/Current Available on the +12V Rail(s) rated at 45°C - 50°C ambient temperature, is the most critical factor.

The Corsair Builder Series CX430 (SKU# 75-001666 / CP-9020046)...
For a system using a single GeForce GTX 650 Ti graphics card NVIDIA specifies a minimum of a 400 Watt or greater system power supply that has a maximum combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 20 Amps or greater and that has at least one 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connector.

The GeForce GTX 650 Ti does not support SLI mode.

Total Power Supply Wattage is NOT the crucial factor in power supply selection!!! Sufficient Total Combined Continuous Power/Current Available on the +12V Rail(s) rated at 45°C - 50°C ambient temperature, is the most critical factor.

The Corsair Builder Series CX430 (SKU# 75-001666 / CP-9020046), with its maximum combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 32 Amps and with one (6+2)-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors, is more than sufficient to power your system configuration with a single GeForce GTX 650 Ti graphics card.

Solution

Dark Lord of Tech

Retired Moderator

Jmsully

Honorable
Aug 2, 2013

Wow, I know EVGA isn't a top-notch brand, I just suspected the recommendation wasn't a bad choice. Since I'm going for budget, is the Enermax a good one to buy?

It isn't better. In fact the ENERMAX NAXN ENP450AST has 2 Amps less on its combined +12V rail capacity than the Corsair CX430.

Both the Corsair CX430 and the ENERMAX NAXN ENP450AST are made by CWT (Channel Well Technology). Both cater to the same budget conscious, entry level consumer. Both have a 3 Year Warranty.

Jmsully

Honorable
Aug 2, 2013
OK, I have made the choice to go with the Corsair CX430. My original post was not to find alternatives (although that was nice), but to see if that PSU could power the specs I threw at it. Thanks to ko888, I found that the Corsair CX430 was suitable. Once again, thanks for all the great replies.