after installing SP2 the email icon on my taskbar takes me to my outlook
express account rather than my "hotmail" account as it used to. The only way
I found to get into my hotmail account was through a Google search and
re-logging in. This could be rather tedious. Can anyone tell me what I've
done wrong and how to correct it?
Thanks
Terry

peter

In your Start/All Programs you should have "MSN Explorer" that's a quick
link to both hotmail and MSN Messenger. You may have to set it up again
after SP2 - so right click it and see.
The other thing to check is right click Start then go to
Properties/Customize you can select your Internet and Email to show
correctly there.

--
Peter.
Toronto, Canada.
"Terry Haeber" <thaeber@shaw.ca> wrote in message
> after installing SP2 the email icon on my taskbar takes me to my outlook
> express account rather than my "hotmail" account as it used to. The only
> way I found to get into my hotmail account was through a Google search and
> re-logging in. This could be rather tedious. Can anyone tell me what I've
> done wrong and how to correct it?
> Thanks
> Terry

peter

Forgot to mention.. right click MSN Explorer and "send to" desktop to put
the icon on your desktop.

--
"Peter" <0spam0 AT rogers DOT com> wrote in message
> In your Start/All Programs you should have "MSN Explorer" that's a quick
> link to both hotmail and MSN Messenger. You may have to set it up again
> after SP2 - so right click it and see.
> The other thing to check is right click Start then go to
> Properties/Customize you can select your Internet and Email to show
> correctly there.
>
> --
> Peter.
> Toronto, Canada.
> Windows XP Home SP2.
> Pentium4 Dual HT @ 3.0ghz, 160gb HD, 1gb DDR.
> "Terry Haeber" <thaeber@shaw.ca> wrote in message
>> after installing SP2 the email icon on my taskbar takes me to my outlook
>> express account rather than my "hotmail" account as it used to. The only
>> way I found to get into my hotmail account was through a Google search
>> and re-logging in. This could be rather tedious. Can anyone tell me what
>> I've done wrong and how to correct it?
>> Thanks
>> Terry

Thanks for your help Peter