help me nvraid !!??

phreak61

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2006
be patient im new and a bad speller!!

I have a abit nf7-s2 motherboard (not the problem) and i have a 40 gig and 120 gig idee hard drive. i cloned the xp pro and all the program files from the 40gig to the 120 gig drive. when i did so something happened to my two 160 gig sata drives. they where setup to run as one (raid 0 ?) and now xp is telling me that they are 2 drives. when i boot up the computer there is a program to set up the drives and it says that they are healthy! please help !!

Codesmith

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2003
You can delete a RAID 0 array and recreate it as many times as you want wihtout losing any data as long as 1) you make absolutely no changes to either drive and 2) you use the exact same settings.

If for instance you allowed XP to initizile/format/check for and correct errors then there will be trouble.

Possible Causes
1) RAID for those channels got disabled in the bios, check to see if they are enabled.
2) Someone the array configuration was deleted.
3) You connected one drive without the other at some point.

Questions
Why are you using RAID 0? Is there some particular reason why you need increased performance out of those 160's (like editing large amounts of unencrypted video files)

phreak61

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2006
like i said im new so i thought i would be cool. but it doesnt help any ill probably just go back to single drives

i tried that but it keeps telling me i have two drives. it would matter but all my music and games and pics are on there....