VPN over Vonage Router

Archived from groups: comp.dcom.voice-over-ip,comp.dcom.vpn (More info?)

I have a Linksys RT31P2 router for my Vonage VOIP
connection. Everything else works fine, but I cannot establish a
vanilla Microsoft VPN connection thru it. Topology is my computer to
Linksys to cable modem thru internet to VPN server. I could easily
establish a connection with my previous router (DLINK DI-624) where
the Linksys is now.

Now, however, I get hung at the "verifying username and password"
prompt. Googling this says the likely culprit is that PPTP passthru
is not enabled in the router; however, this router gives such an
option in its menus and it is enabled.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

....Mike

Archived from groups: comp.dcom.voice-over-ip,comp.dcom.vpn (More info?)

You may also want to try reducing the MTU size on your PC.
http://is.rice.edu/~Ricenet/vpn/drtcp.html

Mike Kraley wrote:

> I have a Linksys RT31P2 router for my Vonage VOIP
> connection. Everything else works fine, but I cannot establish a
> vanilla Microsoft VPN connection thru it. Topology is my computer to
> Linksys to cable modem thru internet to VPN server. I could easily
> establish a connection with my previous router (DLINK DI-624) where
> the Linksys is now.

> Now, however, I get hung at the "verifying username and
> password"
> prompt. Googling this says the likely culprit is that PPTP passthru
> is not enabled in the router; however, this router gives such an
> option in its menus and it is enabled.

> Any suggestions would be appreciated.

> ....Mike

Check if port 1723 is open on your new router for PPTP passthrough.

--
Dmitri Abaimov, RCDD
http://www.cabling-design.com

http://www.cabling-design.com/forums
comp.dcom.voice-over-ip,comp.dcom.vpn - messages and counting!