VPN over Vonage Router

Archived from groups: comp.dcom.voice-over-ip,comp.dcom.vpn (More info?)

I have a Linksys RT31P2 router for my Vonage VOIP
connection. Everything else works fine, but I cannot establish a
vanilla Microsoft VPN connection thru it. Topology is my computer to
Linksys to cable modem thru internet to VPN server. I could easily
establish a connection with my previous router (DLINK DI-624) where
the Linksys is now.

Now, however, I get hung at the "verifying username and password"
prompt. Googling this says the likely culprit is that PPTP passthru
is not enabled in the router; however, this router gives such an
option in its menus and it is enabled.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

....Mike
2 answers Last reply
More about vonage router
  1. Archived from groups: comp.dcom.voice-over-ip,comp.dcom.vpn (More info?)

    You may also want to try reducing the MTU size on your PC.
    http://is.rice.edu/~Ricenet/vpn/drtcp.html

    "Mike Kraley" <mike@kraley.com> wrote in message
    >I have a Linksys RT31P2 router for my Vonage VOIP
    > connection. Everything else works fine, but I cannot establish a
    > vanilla Microsoft VPN connection thru it. Topology is my computer to
    > Linksys to cable modem thru internet to VPN server. I could easily
    > establish a connection with my previous router (DLINK DI-624) where
    > the Linksys is now.
    >
    > Now, however, I get hung at the "verifying username and password"
    > prompt. Googling this says the likely culprit is that PPTP passthru
    > is not enabled in the router; however, this router gives such an
    > option in its menus and it is enabled.
    >
    > Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    >
    > ....Mike

  2. Archived from groups: comp.dcom.voice-over-ip,comp.dcom.vpn (More info?)

    Mike Kraley wrote:

    > I have a Linksys RT31P2 router for my Vonage VOIP
    > connection. Everything else works fine, but I cannot establish a
    > vanilla Microsoft VPN connection thru it. Topology is my computer to
    > Linksys to cable modem thru internet to VPN server. I could easily
    > establish a connection with my previous router (DLINK DI-624) where
    > the Linksys is now.

    > Now, however, I get hung at the "verifying username and
    > password"
    > prompt. Googling this says the likely culprit is that PPTP passthru
    > is not enabled in the router; however, this router gives such an
    > option in its menus and it is enabled.

    > Any suggestions would be appreciated.

    > ....Mike

    Check if port 1723 is open on your new router for PPTP passthrough.

    --
    Dmitri Abaimov, RCDD
    http://www.cabling-design.com

    http://www.cabling-design.com/forums
    comp.dcom.voice-over-ip,comp.dcom.vpn - messages and counting!

VPN Routers Connection Linksys Networking