Sign in with
Your question

WHY AMD's REV F ATHLONS WERE DELAYED?

Last response: in CPUs
February 19, 2006 4:12:34 PM

You wanna know?? read here:
http://theinquirer.net/?article=29776

Quote:
SO, WHY DID AMD delay Rev F chips from Q1 to Q2? One thing we recently heard is that there was a fairly nasty bug in the DDR2 controller that made the chips pretty well 'blow' on memory performance

Quote:
Now, memory performance is said to be much better, basically to not blow. Updates on this level mean delays though, and that could be the reasons that the Fs went from March/April to June

Really impressive. Expect DDR2 to enhance AMD's performance a lot more than what people expected. 8)
February 19, 2006 4:16:29 PM

I already posted this in another thread. Besides I don't see how correcting a performance bug which Anand said crippled AM2 performance to below S939 levels automatically means "a lot more than what people expected."
February 19, 2006 4:19:21 PM

yeah he did post this before and dude am2 does kick ass and<clearing throat>

AMD FANBOYS UNITE!!!!!
Related resources
February 19, 2006 4:21:37 PM

Sorry if you've posted that on another thread. Make the admisn delete this thread since I can't do it now.

Quote:
Besides I don't see how correcting a performance bug which Anand said crippled AM2 performance to below S939 levels automatically means "a lot more than what people expected."

Not my words. Read the article again. :wink:
February 19, 2006 4:48:54 PM

What the article said was:

Quote:
Now, memory performance is said to be much better, basically to not blow.

Blow being the memory performance bug. Now if the bug was corrected I would expect the performance to increase over the bug being there. It just saids the memory performance have returned to set levels, not that the performance exceeds expectations whatever those expectations may be.
!