Newegg preferred account

Status
Not open for further replies.

irishsk8rpatrick

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2006
uhh i dunno..i gues its just a cool card that you get and can flash around and show the people at geek squad and maybe get a discount?
i dunno..i want one.but im too young

Hellf1re

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2006
Here you go, straight from the horses mouth!

Dedicated line of credit at Newegg.com
No annual fee
Periodic discounts and promotions exclusive to Newegg.com Preferred Account members
Shopping is quick and safe! Newegg.com Preferred Account purchases never require you to enter your account number
Zero fraud liability

Nitrom

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2004
Read the small print of the contract if you sign because you can be in for a bad surprise with New Egg.

They will not charge you for six months....but....they will charge you 22% interest for as long as you have a balance with them...and actually it is not New Egg the one charging you.

It is the Chase Bank that one that owns you...once you made a purchase you are in....and no way out unless you pay in full.

The bad part on this is the lack of ...lets say it gently..."lack of ethics or perhaps intentionally avoiding to disclose upfront the interest part of the contract like most respectable credit card companies do". It is dissapointing that New Egg embraces that practice.

Feb 24, 2006
Hey Forum Readers,

We quoted Hellf1re's post because we couldn’t have summed it up any better. If you'd like to check out the current promos offered in conjunction with the Newegg Preferred Card, here's a link: http://promotions.newegg.com/NEPA/PA06/index.html.

If you’re interested, here’s the link to the complete Terms & Conditions for the Newegg Preferred Account offered through Chase Bank USA. You can also find this info on our FAQ page, or you can review the complete Terms & Conditions at checkout. As with any other credit line, I’d advise you to review the terms before signing up—that way there won’t be any surprises. :wink:

http://www.newegg.com/application/NPA/NPATermsAndConditions.asp

We hope this info is helpful. Let us know if you have any further questions for us.

Have a safe weekend! :D

Here you go, straight from the horses mouth!

Dedicated line of credit at Newegg.com
No annual fee
Periodic discounts and promotions exclusive to Newegg.com Preferred Account members
Shopping is quick and safe! Newegg.com Preferred Account purchases never require you to enter your account number
Zero fraud liability

GreenJelly

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2006
The bad part on this is the lack of ...lets say it gently..."lack of ethics or perhaps intentionally avoiding to disclose upfront the interest part of the contract like most respectable credit card companies do". It is dissapointing that New Egg embraces that practice.

Wow, you must be either very sarcastic, or very stupid... and thats not flame... Credit Card companies are KNOWN for fineprint. infact they continue to change the rules to make it easier for them to include more hidden fees.

Also, Why would you think that NewEgg has their own bank? They sell computer equipment, and like every company in the world, they have their "own" credit card.

SEARS, CompUSA, CircuitCity, BestBuy, Tigerdirect, CGW, Buy.com, Amazon.com, Bon-ton, FYI, KMart, Walmart, Wegmans, Tops, HomeDepot, Staples, Office Max, and almost every store in any american mall has their own credit card.

I could probably fill up 1000 pages at 10 point font of credit cards that are offered with "discounts" by retailers in America. Hell Ive even gone to a gun and hunting store that offered their own credit card.

typeone

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2010
First of all, anyone speaking negatively on Newegg preferred has no experience with finance, credit cards, or even managing their own check book. The interest rates are around 21% and that is normal for any new credit card today. Credit cards are basically like unsecured loans; therefore, you should expect as such. The great thing about the service though, is there is NO interest for the first 6 months on purchases over $250, and no interest for 12 months for purchases over $500. If you can't pay the bill off in 6-12 months with those charges and the respected time horizon, you should not be making the purchase at all.

I recently made a purchase for a new build computer and got free rushed processing. Not only that, but there was a problem with my addresses not matching so I needed to contact newegg preferred and was pleased when I received NO wait time on the phone and got an English speaking customer service representative every time.

I definitely recommend this if you are making large purchases and would like the flexibility of paying it off over time so you do not feel it as much. Also, it is powered by Bill Me Later.

acsam

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2010
when you say, you have 6 months for over $250 and 12 months for charges for over $500 for no interest. i guessing you just take the order total and then you divide by the number of months you get to pay the bill.

so right now i want to upgrade my PC and the total with shipping and taxes is $551. so i will get 12 months to pay. so do i take $551 dived by 12 month and that will make it about $45 for 12 months. so does that mean if i pay $45 for 12 months i should pay the whole thing off.

i have a best buy card and i got my brother a laptop and they said i have 24 months with no interest and they told me to take the total which was $600 and divide by 24 and its $25 a month and thats about how much im paying right now.

so is it the same thing? i can afford to send in $45 a month.

Status
Not open for further replies.