HP Jetdirect EX Plus3 Print server

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
Share
December 10, 2004 2:15:33 AM

Can someone advise how to use this old print server with my wired/wireless
router to share the printer function on my home network. The pc is Windows
XP Pro.

Thanks,

Ray
Anonymous
a b α HP
December 10, 2004 2:15:34 AM

[This followup was posted to comp.periphs.printers and a copy was sent
to the cited author.]

In article <31r8h1F3esh0sU1@individual.net>, NoSpam-Ray282828
@Yahoo.com.HK says...
> Can someone advise how to use this old print server with my wired/wireless
> router to share the printer function on my home network. The pc is Windows
> XP Pro.

Check HP's web site (long link converted below):
http://makeashorterlink.com/?J3D124DF9

You basically use TCP/IP to talk to it. I think when you add a
printer, you can use 'Standard TCP/IP port'? Finding the address is
tricky. It usually uses DHCP to get an address. HP has their JetAdmin
software that will search it out and let you configure it. The box has a
telnet server in it, so once you figure out the address (or want to
guess), you can telnet into it and force it to particular addresses,
settings, etc..

law!!
http://home.att.net/~andyross
December 11, 2004 8:30:36 PM

Andrew,

Many thanks for your advice. I have fixed the problem. Do you have any
idea where I can find the user guide as I could not find it in HP website.

Thanks,

Ray

!