HP Jetdirect EX Plus3 Print server

Can someone advise how to use this old print server with my wired/wireless
router to share the printer function on my home network. The pc is Windows
XP Pro.

Thanks,

Ray
2 answers Last reply
More about jetdirect plus3 print server

    [This followup was posted to comp.periphs.printers and a copy was sent
    to the cited author.]

    In article <31r8h1F3esh0sU1@individual.net>, NoSpam-Ray282828
    @Yahoo.com.HK says...
    > Can someone advise how to use this old print server with my wired/wireless
    > router to share the printer function on my home network. The pc is Windows
    > XP Pro.

    Check HP's web site (long link converted below):
    http://makeashorterlink.com/?J3D124DF9

    You basically use TCP/IP to talk to it. I think when you add a
    printer, you can use 'Standard TCP/IP port'? Finding the address is
    tricky. It usually uses DHCP to get an address. HP has their JetAdmin
    software that will search it out and let you configure it. The box has a
    telnet server in it, so once you figure out the address (or want to
    guess), you can telnet into it and force it to particular addresses,
    settings, etc..

    law!!
    http://home.att.net/~andyross

    Andrew,

    Many thanks for your advice. I have fixed the problem. Do you have any
    idea where I can find the user guide as I could not find it in HP website.

    Thanks,

    Ray
    "Andrew Rossmann" <andysnewsreply@no_junk.comcast.net> wrote in message
    > [This followup was posted to comp.periphs.printers and a copy was sent
    > to the cited author.]
    >
    > In article <31r8h1F3esh0sU1@individual.net>, NoSpam-Ray282828
    > @Yahoo.com.HK says...
    >> Can someone advise how to use this old print server with my
    >> wired/wireless
    >> router to share the printer function on my home network. The pc is
    >> Windows
    >> XP Pro.
    >
    > Check HP's web site (long link converted below):
    > http://makeashorterlink.com/?J3D124DF9
    >
    > You basically use TCP/IP to talk to it. I think when you add a
    > printer, you can use 'Standard TCP/IP port'? Finding the address is
    > tricky. It usually uses DHCP to get an address. HP has their JetAdmin
    > software that will search it out and let you configure it. The box has a
    > telnet server in it, so once you figure out the address (or want to
    > guess), you can telnet into it and force it to particular addresses,
    > settings, etc..
    >
    > --
    > If there is a no_junk in my address, please REMOVE it before replying!
    > All junk mail senders will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the
    > law!!
    > http://home.att.net/~andyross

Printers Servers Hewlett Packard Peripherals