Where can I go to really learn this program? From GPS to HSI to FP. And
not the lame tutorials in the program. Something I can download, print and
practice. And instruments for each plane. Please.

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Dave Schwartz wrote:
> Where can I go to really learn this program? From GPS to HSI to FP. And
> not the lame tutorials in the program. Something I can download, print and
> practice. And instruments for each plane. Please.

I think you are pretty much good to go already. Being proficient in all
the lessons in the tutorials would probably put you ahead of me,
especially in the larger aircraft. I have a hard time with anything
bigger than a School Bus.

--

boB,
Master_Caution_70

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

dallas

"Dave Schwartz"
> Where can I go to really learn this program? From GPS to HSI to FP. And
> not the lame tutorials in the program.

For on line stuff, this is good basic stuff:
http://www.navfltsm.addr.com/aircraft.htm

But I'd recommend a book like "The Student Pilot's Flight Manual" by
Kershner for a more realistic education.

Dallas

"Dave Schwartz" <who4ever@optonline.net> wrote in message
> Where can I go to really learn this program? From GPS to HSI to FP. And
> not the lame tutorials in the program. Something I can download, print
> and
> practice. And instruments for each plane. Please.

Hi Dave;

If this is your first exposure to a flight simulator (and I'm assuming here
that you have had no prior real life experience with flying) the program can
indeed seem a bit much.
The main thing is not to let the program bowl you over by it's sheer weight
of content. If you wade in to the heavy stiff immediately, what will
probably happen is that you will end up doing things wrong. For example,
just learning the in's and out's of an HSI can take you all day :)
I would advise that instead of wading in with both feet and trying to tackle
everything at once, that you concentrate on one aircraft. For learning, I'd
use the Cessna 172. It's simple, and it has basic avionics.
There are plenty of sources of good information available to you on the web,
this newsgroup included. If you take your time and do it gradually, you can
catch up in no time. After you have the basics of VOR use for example, it
will be easy to transition into the HSI. Conversely, if you can handle the
172 with no problems, learning to fly the other aircraft will be easier.
Learning to fly takes time and patience. You won't have it all in a day, or
even a week :) Feel free to post here as you have already, and there are
lots of people here who will help you.
Dudley Henriques
International Fighter Pilots Fellowship
Commercial Pilot; CFI; Retired
dhenriquestrashatearthlinktrashdotnet
(take out the trash :)

The lessons in this program are not lame and I would say its a brilliant
first port of call of any newbie

--
Do you want to join a freelance design team? Can you code or design? Want to
join a team who is strict on Web standards complacency?

"Dave Schwartz" <who4ever@optonline.net> wrote in message
> Where can I go to really learn this program? From GPS to HSI to FP. And
> not the lame tutorials in the program. Something I can download, print
> and
> practice. And instruments for each plane. Please.

crash

Chris Harries wrote:
> The lessons in this program are not lame and I would say its a
> brilliant first port of call of any newbie

Amen - although some of the attempts at humor is lame.......

ha-ha, yeah im like :| wait....was that a joke

--

Chris Harries wrote:
> ha-ha, yeah im like :| wait....was that a joke

Some (all:) of the "jokes" in the lessons are lame :D

IMHO, which I respect, I'd rather they kept it more business like, and
stuffed the "cuteness".......

dallas

"CRaSH"
> Some (all:) of the "jokes" in the lessons are lame :D

That's because you have such a highly evolved sense of humor.

Or... is it because you prefer fart jokes?

<EvilGrin>

Varmit

Yeah, I find the "Humour" in the tutorials lame in the extreme, I would
rather have had straight instructions, and then sloped off to watch
Seinfeld videos afterwards.
Anyway, I must admit that even with the Navigation tutorials, I find
the basics of instrument flying really really confusing, especially
radio navigation and the way in which that relates to the information
on the navigation dials. GPS is a breeze, obviously, and I've just been
using that for a bit, but would like to progress to radio/dial
navigation. Can anyone reccomend a "Real idiots" guide to the basics of
navigation.