Dont know where to ask this question

Whenever I try to search through any of these
microsoft.public newsgroups for a topic that's troubling
me, wishing to save all you MVPs time answering a question
you've already answered 1000 times this year, I always put
the start date of the search somwhere in 2000 or 2001,
hoping to get more answers.

However I never get more that the last 2 weeks, whatever I
put as a starting date.

What am I doing wrong?

| "Kim Aku" <kimaku@NOTCOLDmail.com>
| wrote in message news:16b301c48c4f$a9f44700$a501280a@phx.gbl...
| Whenever I try to search through any of these
| microsoft.public newsgroups for a topic that's troubling
| me, wishing to save all you MVPs time answering a question
| you've already answered 1000 times this year, I always put
| the start date of the search somwhere in 2000 or 2001,
| hoping to get more answers.
|
| However I never get more that the last 2 weeks, whatever I
| put as a starting date.
|
| What am I doing wrong?

You can use Google Groups Advanced Search, with relevant
criteria, to easily find specific topics/threads.

Google Groups Advanced Search
http://www.google.com/advanced_group_search

Keep in mind that, according to the Google Help Page: "There may
be a delay of up to 12 hours between articles being posted to a
news server and those articles being searchable within Google's
newsgroup search." Also, although Google does archive
microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics it does not archive all
newsgroups.

Google Groups Help
http://www.google.com/googlegroups/help.html

That was going to be my answer!