No Back Button in Windows......

Is there a way to restore the back button? It's grayed out...

JCW
6 answers Last reply
More about back button windows

    Back Button for what? Internet Explorer? Windows Explorer? ...

    "J.W." wrote:

    > Back Button for what? Internet Explorer? Windows Explorer? ...
    >

    > "JCW" <jcw@nowhere.net> wrote in message
    > > Is there a way to restore the back button? It's grayed out...
    > >
    > > JCW

    Internet Explorer and Windows... Sorry I left that out...

    JCW
    "Andy.W" <Andy.W@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

    > "J.W." wrote:
    >
    > > Back Button for what? Internet Explorer? Windows Explorer? ...
    > >

    > > "JCW" <jcw@nowhere.net> wrote in message
    > > > Is there a way to restore the back button? It's grayed out...
    > > >
    > > > JCW

    JCW, you can only go back as far as history will allow, that means the first
    webpage you viewed or the first folder you opened then the back button will
    be grayed out !

    On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 10:17:15 -0700, JCW wrote:

    > Is there a way to restore the back button? It's grayed out...
    >
    > JCW

    Check to see if Internet Explorer is set to reuse windows. You'll find that
    setting in Internet Options> Advanced. There is a similar settings in
    Folder Options> General for Windows Explorer. In the Browse folders
    section, select "Open each folder in the same window."

    With those settings enabled, browsing the internet or the file system will
    use a single window. In the process, a history trail is created and the
    Back button should become available and functional.

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User

    Thats a very good point Sharon F, didn't think of that one !

    "Sharon F" wrote:

    > On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 10:17:15 -0700, JCW wrote:
    >
    > > Is there a way to restore the back button? It's grayed out...
    > >
    > > JCW
    >
    > Check to see if Internet Explorer is set to reuse windows. You'll find that
    > setting in Internet Options> Advanced. There is a similar settings in
    > Folder Options> General for Windows Explorer. In the Browse folders
    > section, select "Open each folder in the same window."
    >
    > With those settings enabled, browsing the internet or the file system will
    > use a single window. In the process, a history trail is created and the
    > Back button should become available and functional.
    >
    > --
    > Sharon F
    > MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User

Microsoft Windows XP