No Back Button in Windows......

Is there a way to restore the back button? It's grayed out...

JCW

Back Button for what? Internet Explorer? Windows Explorer? ...

"J.W." wrote:

> Back Button for what? Internet Explorer? Windows Explorer? ...
>

> "JCW" <jcw@nowhere.net> wrote in message
> > Is there a way to restore the back button? It's grayed out...
> >
> > JCW

Internet Explorer and Windows... Sorry I left that out...

JCW
"Andy.W" <Andy.W@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> "J.W." wrote:
>
> > Back Button for what? Internet Explorer? Windows Explorer? ...
> >

> > "JCW" <jcw@nowhere.net> wrote in message
> > > Is there a way to restore the back button? It's grayed out...
> > >
> > > JCW

JCW, you can only go back as far as history will allow, that means the first
webpage you viewed or the first folder you opened then the back button will
be grayed out !

On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 10:17:15 -0700, JCW wrote:

> Is there a way to restore the back button? It's grayed out...
>
> JCW

Check to see if Internet Explorer is set to reuse windows. You'll find that
setting in Internet Options> Advanced. There is a similar settings in
Folder Options> General for Windows Explorer. In the Browse folders
section, select "Open each folder in the same window."

With those settings enabled, browsing the internet or the file system will
use a single window. In the process, a history trail is created and the
Back button should become available and functional.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User

Thats a very good point Sharon F, didn't think of that one !