Audigy 2 ZS audio hook up

ralh182

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2005
is it possible to hook up front panel audio connections to the Audigy 2 ZS sound card or not? I have front panel on my computer and it makes it eaiser to plug in head phones and such. If it can be done what is the procedure to do so. If possible pictures would be good. Thank you for the time.

Furbitor

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2006
:?: Dont you have the flat ribbon-wire cables? There is several, one for firewire port and one big one for the front panel inputs and outputs..

No soldering required Plug-n-play... BTW Love this card! I got the Z-5500 speakers plugged in the card, and headset for the front whenever the headset is plugged in, the card switches off the card ports..

ProHandyman

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2006
:?: Dont you have the flat ribbon-wire cables? There is several, one for firewire port and one big one for the front panel inputs and outputs..

The "solder and wire" scenario can be avoided by purchasing the "Audigy Bay" device the platinum version has. You may find an online forum that lists the pinouts on the cards "bay" outputs... but don't expect help from Creative.

There are kits that can route your sound outputs to the front of your case, but to use the "built in", you would still have to do some solder and wiring.

No matter how you approach this... chances are you're not going to do it for free... or without some research.

Edit: found this excel file with the 40pin outputs: AUD_EXTtoAD_EXT