How to Stop WinXP from automatically selecting folder disp..

I would really appreciate if someone could tell me how to stop WinXp from
automatically choosing folder display options such as automatically
designating a folder as "Music" or "Documents". I want all files displayed as
documents but WinXp insists on automatically configuring folders as
"multimedia", "music" etc.. I hate wasting time changing these manually,
there must be a way to turn this automatic feature off! Thanks very much in
advance!

fred

Ditto.

I have just started using XP myself, after graduating from Apple II, DOS,
3.1, W95, W98SE. And my general comment is... it would be nice if, when
they develop a new OS, Microsoft would add their new features, etc., but
still keep the old ones from previous versions that users like.

Also, I guess I'm getting old because I would really like to see an "XP for
grown-ups" version -- a standard utilitarian interface without all the
cartoons, media features and commercialized stuff.

Go, Linux, go.... Hurry up!! The market is yours for the taking.