Only in a simulator For fellow Newbes

After a couple months of following the flight lessons in this program I
figured I had learned the basics of flying. I could take off fly around
get to the airport and land without my tail section pointing at the ski,
most of the time.

About a week ago I bought Bill Lyon's Challenger Two. I figured this is
a light plane good for practice. It's a lot of fun:) I have to find
some good soaring info to try that part of this plane, the specs. on
this give a 11 to 1 glide slope. After a weeks practice I felt i was
ready for a step up.

Last night I decided to try speed. I picked the Extra to fly in. Big
mistake, I felt like a rodeo cowboy. I can see why these pilots are a
thrill to watch. Not just anybody can do this. Ah but the joy of
simulation. I was able to go up and pick a different aircraft to fly.
I picked my challenger Two. After the new plane loaded I found an
airport and landed.

Back to the flight lessons I see I still have a lot to learn:)

Mike

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

mike wheelock wrote:

> Last night I decided to try speed. I picked the Extra to fly in. Big
> mistake, I felt like a rodeo cowboy. I can see why these pilots are a
> thrill to watch. Not just anybody can do this. Ah but the joy of
> simulation. I was able to go up and pick a different aircraft to fly. I
> picked my challenger Two. After the new plane loaded I found an airport
> and landed.
>
> Back to the flight lessons I see I still have a lot to learn:)
>
> Mike

And there's no one stopping you from learning and flying any aircraft
you want. :) Think I'll find that SR-71

--

boB,
Master_Caution_70