Sign in with
Your question

Please look over my build

Last response: in Systems
February 20, 2006 11:38:18 AM

I'm about to buy this setup

Can a few of you who have intimate knowledge with any of these parts let me know if there is any problems

BTW I'm willing to swap parts as needed but I'm up against my price limit as is

And NO I am not overclocking

CASE: ATOP X-BLADE w/450W ps

MOTHERBOARD: GIGABYTE K8N-SLI

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 4000+ (San Diego)

MEMORY: MWAVE 1GB x 2 PC 3200 (Store Brand)

HARD DRIVE: HITACHI 160GB SATA300 7200RPM 8MB

VIDEO CARD: XFX GEFORCE 7800 GTX 256MB PCI EXPRESS 2PORT DVI/VIVO 490MHZ starting with 1

will get a SB Audigy4 in a few more weeks as my budget is spent for now.

edit: I guess what I'm looking for is anyone saying "Don't get that (insert part) because it has issues, or doesnt perform well or something"

Just want to make sure I'm not buying parts with known problems or performance issues.

More about : build

February 20, 2006 11:54:56 AM

I suggest a case without a power supply and take a better (read also higher) If you want to get sli and other upgrades in the future :) 
February 20, 2006 12:32:45 PM

Quote:
I suggest a case without a power supply and take a better (read also higher) If you want to get sli and other upgrades in the future :) 

While I agree, I already purchased the Vid Card, and am limited to $925 for the rest (including $131 for WinXP)

The case/PS should be powerful enough to power the system as is, and I understand when i get my 2nd vid card the PS will have to be upgraded.
Related resources
February 20, 2006 12:50:06 PM
February 20, 2006 2:09:05 PM

ya right you gonna give him a copy of fake windows for free? yea right i think your one of those government pawns that offers out free stuff and then catches the ppl when they come to a certain area i've heard horror stories like that
February 20, 2006 3:39:30 PM

YOU WISH!!
February 20, 2006 4:15:59 PM

For legal reasons i would stongly advise that you edit your posts so that they are not suggesting dowloading illegal software.

As for the pc, get a seperate power supply and some better ram unless you have no intention of overclocking.
February 20, 2006 9:45:48 PM

Thanks all, I appreciate all responses. Looks like there isnt anything fundamentaly wrong with my picks. (I.E. noone said that motherboard is junk or anything like that)

My plans after getting this are a audigy4 and a dell 2001fp in the next month or so and a new PS and 2nd card in a couple months

I'll post again in a few days when I get it up and running since I'm going to willl call all the parts and don't have to wait for shipping.
February 21, 2006 6:26:01 AM

My gaming is mostly MMORPGs (EQII atm), and very little FPS's like Unreal or stuff.

Also I need 1600 x 1200 resolution for certain non-gaming aplications
!