activesky worth it?

I know this has probably been addressed before but I haven't been in this
forum for awhile...

Is activesky worth the price? It seems to me the big thing with fs2004 was
the weather and clouds.

GREGORY

On Mon, 2 May 2005 17:16:18 -0400, "leckett" <leckett@leckett.com>
brought the following to our attention:

>I know this has probably been addressed before but I haven't been in this
>forum for awhile... Is activesky worth the price? It seems to me the big thing
>with fs2004 was the weather and clouds.

Still have some questions about it (wxRE). Am running fs8 with
cloud_sprites=0.05 (that's the disappear threshold.. not 0.06) and
don't desire any in-flight weather updates. Mostly make custom weather
...and that's for technical reasons as opposed to eye candy.

Would mainly like to smooth transitions (more gradual or intermediate
steps) between weather regions and avoid rocking wind changes.

What is the FSUIPC requirement? Probably should register that first?
Would really like a weather analyzer (plots-profiles) and custom
configurator the most!!

-Gregory

> Is activesky worth the price? It seems to me the big thing with
> fs2004 was the weather and clouds.

The adverts speak very highly of it...

--
Cheers,

Quilly

An individual reply goes into my spam filter

It makes flying "as real...."
Won't fly without it now. It's awesome!
Tom

wrote:

>I know this has probably been addressed before but I haven't been in this
>forum for awhile...
>
>Is activesky worth the price? It seems to me the big thing with fs2004 was
>the weather and clouds.

Yes

Yes

Yes

Bob

crash

Bob Cordone wrote:

> Yes
>

> Yes
>

> Yes

Is that your final answer?

d:->))

I agree BTW..........

TR

leckett wrote:
> I know this has probably been addressed before but I haven't been in
> this forum for awhile...
>
> Is activesky worth the price? It seems to me the big thing with
> fs2004 was the weather and clouds.

With 'Servoinfo 2.02' you can press the weather button and find Metar and
TAF reports from any region around the world. Sort the stations using the
windspeed/visibility/ceiling/precipitation sorting option to find any
weather conditions real time you choose to fly in. Go to that location with
Activesky. A whole lot of fun.

On Mon, 02 May 2005 21:12:38 -0400, Gregory
<flightsim.maps@bkwds.comcast.net> wrote:

>On Mon, 2 May 2005 17:16:18 -0400, "leckett" <leckett@leckett.com>
>brought the following to our attention:
>>
>>I know this has probably been addressed before but I haven't been in this
>>forum for awhile... Is activesky worth the price? It seems to me the big thing
>>with fs2004 was the weather and clouds.
>>

>Still have some questions about it (wxRE). Am running fs8 with
>cloud_sprites=0.05 (that's the disappear threshold.. not 0.06) and
>don't desire any in-flight weather updates. Mostly make custom weather
>..and that's for technical reasons as opposed to eye candy.
>
>Would mainly like to smooth transitions (more gradual or intermediate
>steps) between weather regions and avoid rocking wind changes.
>
>What is the FSUIPC requirement? Probably should register that first?
>Would really like a weather analyzer (plots-profiles) and custom
>configurator the most!!
>

> -Gregory

Active Sky has a very informative Forum on www.avsim.com

Bob